Centre College - Rhodes College

Bear78

The visit was a couple of weeks ago and he hasn't made an overnight yet. Likely in February sometime. I have heard for quite a few that the overnight helps quite a bit in the decision.

Yeah, it's a good time for them to get a feel of the campus and meet some of their future teammates. I think it helps to build a sense of community on the team.

• 3 weeks later...

We got to visit Rhodes recently. Very nice campus. Wasn't as comfortable in the hotel, but I don't know the town that well. The academics are comparable to Centre's. The campus is similar, although Rhodes has similar architecture on most of their buildings. They even mentioned they own their own rock quarry to make any future buildings the same.

Coaching staff was impressive. we hear what I thought was good advice coming from the head coach.

My son will be scheduling an overnight visit to Centre soon. That should allow a reasonable comparison.

We got to visit Rhodes recently. Very nice campus. Wasn't as comfortable in the hotel, but I don't know the town that well. The academics are comparable to Centre's. The campus is similar, although Rhodes has similar architecture on most of their buildings. They even mentioned they own their own rock quarry to make any future buildings the same.

Coaching staff was impressive. we hear what I thought was good advice coming from the head coach.

My son will be scheduling an overnight visit to Centre soon. That should allow a reasonable comparison.

All the best and remember, what is important is where your son feels comfortable. :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Harvard of the South.

Actually, Florida had a football recruit who called UF the "Harvard of the South" last year. :confused:

But back on point. Everyone is always comparing their academics to Harvard, which begs this question. Why not Harvard itslef? They currently are offering free tuition to students who qualify, IF their family income is less than $55K. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...