Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Centre College - Rhodes College

Featured Replies

Any insights on Centre College and Rhodes College. I know they are in the same conference and are very similar schools size-wise. I was hoping to get insight on academics, coaching styles, etc. or either or both schools.

Any insights on Centre College and Rhodes College. I know they are in the same conference and are very similar schools size-wise. I was hoping to get insight on academics, coaching styles, etc. or either or both schools.

 

Contact Leatherneck via PM. He is an esteemed alum and has a son currently playing at Centre. VERY good academic school!

I was recruited by both schools and loved both of them even though i chose not to attend either of them. Both schools are very highly touted academically and you won't go wrong choosing one over the other. In my experience, you have to visit the schools multiple times and get a feel for the school. I made my college choice because i felt the most at home and the most comfortable at this particular school.

 

I got a little of subject but whatever school you plan to attend Centre, Rhodes or somewhere else, go to the place that you feel fits you best IMO.

I was recruited by both schools and loved both of them even though i chose not to attend either of them. Both schools are very highly touted academically and you won't go wrong choosing one over the other. In my experience, you have to visit the schools multiple times and get a feel for the school. I made my college choice because i felt the most at home and the most comfortable at this particular school.

 

I got a little of subject but whatever school you plan to attend Centre, Rhodes or somewhere else, go to the place that you feel fits you best IMO.

 

Good advice!:thumb:

Centre has a great coach in Andy Frye, and even more a man of character. You wont be let down if you goto Centre. I have many friends that go there, and a lot that play football. They all love it, and wouldn't trade it for a thing. Plus, it has been rated as the best academic liberal arts college n Kentucky.

Centre has a great coach in Andy Frye, and even more a man of character. You wont be let down if you goto Centre. I have many friends that go there, and a lot that play football. They all love it, and wouldn't trade it for a thing. Plus, it has been rated as the best academic liberal arts college n Kentucky.

 

 

One of the top 50 in the country.

One of the top 50 in the country.

 

The 'n' Kentucky adds a nice touch.

Ooops.

The 'n' Kentucky adds a nice touch.

Ooops.

 

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would say the advice a Centre grad would probably give you is, friends don't let friends go to Rhodes...:D

Ummm...probably a stupid question, but where is Rhodes at?

Memphis, TN.

 

Not fun to play soccer there in late August in 95 degree weather with 80% humidity...

I would say the advice a Centre grad would probably give you is, friends don't let friends go to Rhodes...:D

 

That's a great piece of advice!

 

 

 

:thumb:

  • Author

My son visited Centre and liked it quite a bit. A visit is planned for Rhodes, although we haven't heard much from them. Another parent said most schools aren't as good at contact and follow-up as the coaches at Centre.

My son visited Centre and liked it quite a bit. A visit is planned for Rhodes, although we haven't heard much from them. Another parent said most schools aren't as good at contact and follow-up as the coaches at Centre.

 

Was he there this past weekend?

 

Was it an overnight visit?

  • Author

The visit was a couple of weeks ago and he hasn't made an overnight yet. Likely in February sometime. I have heard for quite a few that the overnight helps quite a bit in the decision.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.