Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is fast?

Featured Replies

I've heard of 6.8 as a good standard for the "fast" players. 40 yard dash is almost, i want to say, useless for baseball because who runs 40 yards besides the outfielders. It's the 1st-3rd run and the 2nd to Home run that matters. Hence the importance of the 60.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Martin is probably the fastest player in the 16th region. If there is one faster I`d like to know where. Peyton is 3.8 from home to first and runs the 60 in 6.8.

 

This past summer coaches from Xavier, Ohio univ., Ohio State, Tulane, WVU, Univ. of Kentucky and others all took notice and said he definately has D - I speed and possibly enough talent to play at that level as well. Several are going to track him into the summer.

I think that Corey Farris ran a 3.7 home to first at the U of K hitting camp.

"Peyton Martin is probably the fastest player in the 16th region. If there is one faster I`d like to know where. Peyton is 3.8 from home to first and runs the 60 in 6.8."

 

I wasn't aware he had speed that Thomas Tolliver ( former Raceland player) had there? Very few have under 7.0 like few pitchers throw in the 90's . Great kid , hope he does well this year.

  • Author

How are you guys timing from home to first. What is the best way for consistency.

How are you guys timing from home to first. What is the best way for consistency.

 

Peytons` 3.8 is starting at the time the bat contacts the ball until the 1st foot touches 1st base. That is the way I always time players.

Most scouts say that 4.0-4.1 is excellent from home to first , not many run under that. That is from the left side , which Martin hits from. The fastest runner that I've seen in a long time is Tolliver, now at Transy, he runs at a different speed than most. You could see the difference when he ran from others. Not sure Martin is in that class when it comes to speed but still a good player.

Swinging from the left side makes a big difference. I agree about Martin, he is a good player, I never really notcied his speed. I guess it just didn't stand out. He is definitely an outstanding player though.

Cory Farris ran from home to first at UK camp 3.792 seconds. I believe that to be right.

Garrett Wagner and Brent Humphrey both ran a 14. 7 home to home, that breaks down to a 3.67 home to first from the right handers box. Garrett was timed in a game situation at Morganroth 3.4 which is more realistic then the home to home time, due to the fractions of seconds you loose rounding the bases. I think Humpy had a 3.6 home to first. Makes the diffrence in a .500 hitter and say a .450 hitter when you beat out a few infield hits.

If a player runs a 4.5 forty what does that equate to the guesstimate of his 60? Is it possible to guesstimate???

If a player runs a 4.5 forty what does that equate to the guesstimate of his 60? Is it possible to guesstimate???
Approximately 7.5± in that area.
If a player runs a 4.5 forty what does that equate to the guesstimate of his 60? Is it possible to guesstimate???

 

I would say its more around 6.8. Hey a 4.5 is really moving in a 40.

I would say its more around 6.8. Hey a 4.5 is really moving in a 40.
You are correct and I'm wrong. I transposed the 4.5 to 5.4, when I read the question.

 

Sorry for the misinformation on my part.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.