Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is fast?

Featured Replies

  • Author
You are correct and I'm wrong. I transposed the 4.5 to 5.4, when I read the question.

 

Sorry for the misinformation on my part.

 

I would say you are correct. Our fastest player is a sophomore. He ran a 4.72 40 and a 6.9 60. One thing to remember when people quote 40 and 60 times is that there is a 90% confidence interval of +/- .20 on a hand timed 40. In other words if you are timed at 4.72 there is a 90% chance that you are between 4.52-4.92. As you see this is a big difference. My 4.72 guy might be faster than someone who claims to be 4.55.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point. I guess the electronic timing is the most accurate. Do most showcases you the hand timed method?

Interesting point. I guess the electronic timing is the most accurate. Do most showcases you the hand timed method?
I've seen a few, that are electronic but most are coaches with stopwatches.
  • Author

As a general rule of thumb someone who runs a 4.5 on a stop watch will run about a 4.7 when they are electronically timed. It is always important to know the timing mechanism.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.