Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could we see a Trinity/Warren Central (IN) match up?

Featured Replies

Warren Central (Indiana) is hot and heavy after Coach John Hart who they are meeting with today (for the second time I believe). Coach Hart is the current Coach at Reitz High School in Evansville, IN (2007 4A state champs). Reitz's biggest rival is Castle High School in Newburgh, IN. I believe we all know who the head coach at Caslte was a few years ago. I have read some Rockers on here state they would like to see this match up. Any chance this could happen in the near future?

Warren Central (Indiana) is hot and heavy after Coach John Hart who they are meeting with today (for the second time I believe). Coach Hart is the current Coach at Reitz High School in Evansville, IN (2007 4A state champs). Reitz's biggest rival is Castle High School in Newburgh, IN. I believe we all know who the head coach at Caslte was a few years ago. I have read some Rockers on here state they would like to see this match up. Any chance this could happen in the near future?

 

I would pay to see it!

 

This could be a great rivalry that gets nat'l attention for Kentucky football.

I would love to see this game. It may not be pretty for Trinity. That Warren Central team in 2003 was the best team I've ever seen. I know X didn't have Ashley, but I would take WC over them.

What happened to the WC coach that took over after Kevin left?

  • Author

Not sure what happen to WC's current coach but just read on one of the local news channel's website that it is all but a done deal. The Super is going to recommend Coach Hart to the board on Wednesday.

 

Coach Hart also coached the Evansville Bluecats for the last 1 or 2 years.

 

http://www.weht.com/dsp_story.cfm?storyid=4421&RequestTimeout=500

Evansville Rietz is a powerhouse in there own right. I would love to see them schedule a Highlands, Trinity or X.

 

I have heard that Maryville, Tn, riding a 60 something game winning streak, is also looking for a game in 08. Not too many in Tn want any part of them, so, it may be a tough game for them to add. Would be great to see MBA or Brentwood take them on, but, I don't think they want any part of Maryville right now..

Off of thread topic, I know, but a coach friend of mine in Mississippi said Maryville may be interested in scheduling South Panola...I think those are the two longest win streaks in the nation in HS football if it could get done for 08.

Off of thread topic, I know, but a coach friend of mine in Mississippi said Maryville may be interested in scheduling South Panola...I think those are the two longest win streaks in the nation in HS football if it could get done for 08.

 

That would be a classic, for sure...I believe Maryville would handle them, though...South Panola is very good but they don't play the level of competition some of the other premier programs do...

Didn't Trinity play Warren Central a time or two in the 90's? Or am I thinking of somebody else?

With such a large enrollment disparity, this would be a very fair match up... ;)

I'm pretty sure former Ashland/Morehead star Scott Marsh is or was coaching there. Scott is a great guy!

With such a large enrollment disparity, this would be a very fair match up... ;)

 

Oh boy....here we go......it's not fair...they have the numbers :D

I have heard that Maryville, Tn, riding a 60 something game winning streak, is also looking for a game in 08. Not too many in Tn want any part of them, so, it may be a tough game for them to add. Would be great to see MBA or Brentwood take them on, but, I don't think they want any part of Maryville right now..

 

I would doubt Maryville is looking for a game in 2008, given (1) 2008 is year two of a two-year cycle of games in Tennessee, and (2) even if it weren't the second year, Maryville, located in Blount County, has three Blount County opponents - Alcoa (2A), Heritage (5A), and William Blount (5A) - that they have been playing as their non-region games for at least 10 seasons and essentially refuse to give up because of the rivalries/gates. Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't bet the farm on Maryville looking for a 2008 opponent.

 

MBA has played Trinity 4 times, Jacksonville (FL) Bolles twice, and Byrnes (SC) within the last eight years, not to mention the teams from the toughest classification in Tennessee. That classification includes Brentwood Academy, which itself has taken on an out-of-state opponent every year since 1983, including, among others, St. X out of Cincinnati. Believe me when I say that Maryville playing an MBA or BA is a bigger step up for Maryville than Maryville would be for MBA or BA. MBA and BA are used to that kind of competition; Maryville not so much.

Considering Warren Central's recent season (5-5 I think) and the fact they only play 9 regular season games, it is unlikely these two or Ben Davis and Trinity will ever meet in the near future. Ben Davis has fallen on hard times in recent years. I understand WC's district has been changed and like Ben Davis,, they have not been able to make up for the loss of talent.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.