Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Shakeup?

Featured Replies

Seems as though the Cats Pause was way off if you look at how the early season is shaping up. Looks as though Elliott County should be way up. As well as Morgan County. And maybe Raceland was overrated. Should make for a great March. Any thoughts?

Agree with Elliott moving up. Raceland is not overrated though. They are just not healthy at this moment. Injuries are hurting them right now.

What were the Cats Pause rankings for the 16th ?? I have not seen them for this year.

East Carter was preseason 1, followed by Rowan County and Ashland to secure the top 3 spots according to Cats Pause.

East Carter was preseason 1, followed by Rowan County and Ashland to secure the top 3 spots according to Cats Pause.

 

I still have to agree with the top three rankings, although teams like Morgan and Elliott are definitely making noises and should not be overlooked.

 

I would say that Rowan is the definite frontrunner right now, with East and Ashland neck-and neck for second.

Seems as though the Cats Pause was way off if you look at how the early season is shaping up. Looks as though Elliott County should be way up. As well as Morgan County. And maybe Raceland was overrated. Should make for a great March. Any thoughts?

 

Take 2 of your starters off your team and see how good they are. Hopefully Raceland and Elliott get to play with Raceland full strength.

I really don't think that Raceland was overrated. By mid-season they will show that. Raceland is also very young, 1 senior, and 2 juniors I believe. Raceland should be good for several years.

I really don't think that Raceland was overrated. By mid-season they will show that. Raceland is also very young, 1 senior, and 2 juniors I believe. Raceland should be good for several years.

 

:thumb:You beat me to it. When the Lady Rams get back at full strength and more and more games under their belt they will be fine. They are at 4-2 now in this young season.

Coach Bob Trimble will have this team in the thick of it come tournament time.

Raceland will be ok. They are always in that middle pack it seems, not a top team, but dangerous. Coach Trimble does a good job.

Take 2 of your starters off your team and see how good they are. Hopefully Raceland and Elliott get to play with Raceland full strength.

 

I don't think I would set my season goals only on beating Elliott. They're number 9 (or was), remember. I just looked at justafans posts, and I would say he/her was "pro Menifee" but I could be wrong. I'm an Elliott fan though, and I would say it probably will be a different game when/if the two teams meet again. Elliott understood that you were missing a few players in their game with you. I still wouldn't count Elliott out in the next meeting though. After they get used to the idea that they can win some games after being in the cellar for years and years and years and years and years and years and now have a pretty nice coach........they will only get better, IMO. I will also admit that Raceland has a nice team even without their other 2 players, so they can only be better with them. Till we meet again..............

I don't think I would set my season goals only on beating Elliott. They're number 9 (or was), remember. I just looked at justafans posts, and I would say he/her was "pro Menifee" but I could be wrong. I'm an Elliott fan though, and I would say it probably will be a different game when/if the two teams meet again. Elliott understood that you were missing a few players in their game with you. I still wouldn't count Elliott out in the next meeting though. After they get used to the idea that they can win some games after being in the cellar for years and years and years and years and years and years and now have a pretty nice coach........they will only get better, IMO. I will also admit that Raceland has a nice team even without their other 2 players, so they can only be better with them. Till we meet again..............

 

I can assure you that Coach Trimble and staff respect all opponets and are not going to overlook anyone or take any lightly, I know that he will be stressing this to his team this season. Raceland for the last few years seems to always have had several injuries to deal with, they have certainly had more than their share over the years. A team just has to play through them, it is part of the game.

The Lady Rams have to stay focused on every game.:thumb: Coach Trimble had last years team doing just that and they were rewarded with a 16th Region Class A championship and a 63rd District Championship as well.

Rowan's got both West Carter and Raceland coming up next - I think the West Carter game is in Morehead and Raceland on the road. Any thoughts?

 

Also, Rowan's 24 point win over East was on a neutral court, right? Did anybody see that game? Was Rowan that dominant, or did East have one of those nights?

  • Author

Well thank you 2handslam for researching me, and yes I am pro Menifee. I am more Pro small school than just Menifee. If you look back over the years at any threads on the sixteenth region, it is always the same teams getting talked about. It has been dominated by the Rose Hills and Russells and I am just as much Pro Elliott as Pro Menifee. It is exciting to me to see a team like Elliott have a successful start to their season. And likewise with Menifee. Raceland beats Menifee year in and year out by 40 or more and this year it was in overtime. Elliott beats Raceland. We all know about the injuries, but Elliott County's players could care less about that. They have worked hard and deserve it. I'm not down on anyone. Coach Trimble does a tremendous job at Raceland. He is a class act. And I agree Raceland will be fine later on. But when I pick games to go watch, I always try to attend one with smaller schools. Elliott I really enjoy watching. Menifee is off to a decent start. I am just pro underdog. Makes for exciting basketball. Coach Cantrell has done a tremendous job at Elliott. And Ricker at Menifee has them working hard. It just makes the region better thats all. But again thanks for taking an interest 2 hand slam.

So sorry if you took my post as a slam or insulting post. I guess I could have worded it better if I had taken more time, but that was the only way (since I was not in this debate at that time) that I could jump in and get my feet wet without feeling that I was speaking out of place about Elliott. Nice post.

So sorry if you took my post as a slam or insulting post. I guess I could have worded it better if I had taken more time, but that was the only way (since I was not in this debate at that time) that I could jump in and get my feet wet without feeling that I was speaking out of place about Elliott. Nice post.

 

I felt statmaster regarded you as Pro Elliott(guess you are, you already answered that, "pro small school", and that is nice) and singled Elliott out for this reason, since Morgan was also named. Later dude........

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.