Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Shakeup?

Featured Replies

Rowan's got both West Carter and Raceland coming up next - I think the West Carter game is in Morehead and Raceland on the road. Any thoughts?

 

Also, Rowan's 24 point win over East was on a neutral court, right? Did anybody see that game? Was Rowan that dominant, or did East have one of those nights?

 

I know nothing about that game except that someone said Leah Sargent from East did not play due to a groin injury. If not, that was evidently a big loss for East since Sargent had 18 points and 18 rebounds against Elliott girls according to the ADI.

  • Author

Great reply 2handslam. No offense taken. I was just clarifying that I am not a one team fan. I get to see Menifee play often due to the location of my home. And they seem to really be getting better. Morgan, Elliott, Menifee, with the success of these teams, just gets me excited. I hate it that there is not more talk about these smaller schools other than the occasional mentions. I am glad we are talking about them. I know players that get on here and love to read about themselves and their respective teams. And if you think about it it is time to have a more even playing field in the sixteenth region. You can even mention Fairview and their improvement. I saw them play early last year and they looked terrible. They have an excellent former player and coach I was lucky enough to see them play again and wow what a difference. So good luck to all single A schools in the sixteenth. Go underdogs!!!!

Seems as though the Cats Pause was way off if you look at how the early season is shaping up. Looks as though Elliott County should be way up. As well as Morgan County. And maybe Raceland was overrated. Should make for a great March. Any thoughts?

The Lady Lions are an interesting surprise, but it's still way too early to write anyone off yet. Raceland isn't overrated, just going through a transition period & not at full strength. Even if the Lady Rams were 100% healthy, they still have a transition phase to conquer given how many quality starters they lost off of last year's team. It will take time to build new chemistry, & also to blend in their injured players once they return. There is no doubt in my mind that Coach Trimble & his staff will have the Lady Rams right in the thick of things when it matters...at tourney time. It's not how you start, it's how you finish that counts.

 

Also, Rachael Vanderhoof is the most complete player in the 16th Region. For all of the things she does for her team (& can do), not to mention that she makes everyone else on the floor better. If I'm going to war, she's the weapon of choice, hands down. Ask any coach around here if they wouldn't want her as the nucleus of their team to build upon.

 

I think when it's said & done, this region will be well-balanced & exciting to watch.

Thanxs Ramblin' Man...I may be a little bit biased, but it's not like I haven't seen alot of basketball games in this region. This region has several quality players, but for my money, I want the total package, & Rachael is that indeed. Not to mention a quality kid as well. Don't see too many of her kind with that ability & the character to match. :thumb:

Rowan's got both West Carter and Raceland coming up next - I think the West Carter game is in Morehead and Raceland on the road. Any thoughts?

 

Also, Rowan's 24 point win over East was on a neutral court, right? Did anybody see that game? Was Rowan that dominant, or did East have one of those nights?

 

Yes, I was at the game-ROWAN was just that good! They played East's pace the 1st half, but came out in the 2nd and played some LADY VIKING BASKETBALL!!

Obviously, no one has paid them any attention. Cass Spurlock, Nicole Barr, and Katie Martin are playing top notch!! As well as the rest of the team. I just wanted to give Rowan County some credit.

I know nothing about that game except that someone said Leah Sargent from East did not play due to a groin injury. If not, that was evidently a big loss for East since Sargent had 18 points and 18 rebounds against Elliott girls according to the ADI.

 

Sargent did not play, but Spurlock for Rowan was on the bench in foul trouble more than she was on the floor.

Obviously, no one has paid them any attention. Cass Spurlock, Nicole Barr, and Katie Martin are playing top notch!! As well as the rest of the team. I just wanted to give Rowan County some credit.

 

Maybe not a lot of Rowan posters on girls forums? In my neck of the woods, Rowan was always thought to be #1 or #2 in the region. In preseason rankings, they were in the top 2 also(forgot if they were one or two). I would say they are the team to beat in the sixteenth.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.