Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th Region Scores

Featured Replies

West Carter 36 Raceland 35

East Carter 54 Lewis Co 47

Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45

 

Not going to beat Elliott Co with these scores, maybe everyone is working on their stall game getting ready for Elliott

West Carter 36 Raceland 35

East Carter 54 Lewis Co 47

Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45

 

Not going to beat Elliott Co with these scores, maybe everyone is working on their stall game getting ready for Elliott

You're absolutely right. I think that Elliott should go undefeated within the region this season. No one will keep it within 15.

I think that the teams are just working on getting close to Elliott.

It has been brought up here, but do you really honestly think some teams went to slow down style to try to keep close with Elliott. I noticed the Daily Independent talked about how Rose Hill played a slow tempo last night against Fairview. Didnt they always push the ball uptempo before?

While I think Elliott is the best in the 16th, they aren't going to score 100 against Boyd, Ashland or Rose Hill.

Wow...

 

No offense, but it's December 5th. The earliest RH could possibly meet up with Elliott County would be Monday, January 21st at the 16th Region All A Classic. That's if Elliott Co. defeats Raceland in the first round Saturday, Jan 19th. I'd say their chances are good, but anything's possible.

 

If so, that's seven weeks and 16 to 18 games away. I know everybody is tired of hearing about how RH is a young team, but they are and I would certainly like to think they will continue to improve between now and then.

 

From everything everyone has posted, it appears that Elliott has started the season in March form. They're averaging 117 ppg. They clearly have a lot less room (or need) to improve than other teams in the region. So, it is a matter of playing catch up for everybody else.

 

Even so, I think it's a bit premature to hand them the title the first week of December. :lol:

Wow...

 

No offense, but it's December 5th. The earliest RH could possibly meet up with Elliott County would be Monday, January 21st at the 16th Region All A Classic. That's if Elliott Co. defeats Raceland in the first round Saturday, Jan 19th. I'd say their chances are good, but anything's possible.

 

If so, that's seven weeks and 16 to 18 games away. I know everybody is tired of hearing about how RH is a young team, but they are and I would certainly like to think they will continue to improve between now and then.

 

From everything everyone has posted, it appears that Elliott has started the season in March form. They're averaging 117 ppg. They clearly have a lot less room (or need) to improve than other teams in the region. So, it is a matter of playing catch up for everybody else.

 

Even so, I think it's a bit premature to hand them the title the first week of December. :lol:

 

 

Isn't Elliott County as young?

 

 

RH starts 3 Seniors, Elliott starts one, dont they?

 

Does Rose Hill get a bye in the first round of the All A, because you said Elliott had to get by Raceland to get to RH?

 

Would love to see them play though.:ylsuper:

While I think Elliott is the best in the 16th, they aren't going to score 100 against Boyd, Ashland or Rose Hill.

 

Ashland plays uptempo, so both teams will score a lot.

Isn't Elliott County as young?

 

 

RH starts 3 Seniors, Elliott starts one, dont they?

 

Does Rose Hill get a bye in the first round of the All A, because you said Elliott had to get by Raceland to get to RH?

 

Would love to see them play though.:ylsuper:

RH starts two seniors and three sophs. They sub 2 juniors, 1 soph and 2 freshmen. Euton and Jackson are mature beyond their years, but this is a young team by "almost" anyone's standards.

 

If it makes you feel better, I'll conceed that Elliott is young too, starting four juniors and a freshman. :thumb:

Wow...

 

No offense, but it's December 5th. The earliest RH could possibly meet up with Elliott County would be Monday, January 21st at the 16th Region All A Classic. That's if Elliott Co. defeats Raceland in the first round Saturday, Jan 19th. I'd say their chances are good, but anything's possible.

 

If so, that's seven weeks and 16 to 18 games away. I know everybody is tired of hearing about how RH is a young team, but they are and I would certainly like to think they will continue to improve between now and then.

 

From everything everyone has posted, it appears that Elliott has started the season in March form. They're averaging 117 ppg. They clearly have a lot less room (or need) to improve than other teams in the region. So, it is a matter of playing catch up for everybody else.

 

Even so, I think it's a bit premature to hand them the title the first week of December. :lol:

 

Some people will probably take this the wrong way, but Elliott County really hasnt played, what I would call, a good game. Thier defense has been very poor the first couple of games. They have scored alot, but thier defense needs to improve if they want to be a top team in the state. The coaching staff at Elliott is really cracking down and making an emphasis on the defensive side of the ball. They need a few more games to work some of those flaws out.

With as much basketball that is played today (all year long) are there actually any young teams as far as experience is concerned? They may be young as far as age, but experienced. It may not be everyone on the team, but several on any given team.

They need a few more games to work some of those flaws out.
We all do Brother... :lol:
RH starts two seniors and three sophs. They sub 2 juniors, 1 soph and 2 freshmen. Euton and Jackson are mature beyond their years, but this is a young team by "almost" anyone's standards.

 

If it makes you feel better, I'll conceed that Elliott is young too, starting four juniors and a freshman. :thumb:

 

Dont get me wrong...wasnt bashing RH by any means, would just like to see RH break out and play some solid games instead of sqeeking by every team and talking about their youth.

Dont get me wrong...wasnt bashing RH by any means, would just like to see RH break out and play some solid games instead of sqeeking by every team and talking about their youth.
Me too... I have enough gray hair as it is. :lol:

 

With as much basketball that is played today (all year long) are there actually any young teams as far as experience is concerned? They may be young as far as age, but experienced. It may not be everyone on the team, but several on any given team.
My point is that of RH's current top ten, eight will play again next season... six will play again season after next.

 

That's a young team IMO.

Dont get me wrong...wasnt bashing RH by any means, would just like to see RH break out and play some solid games instead of sqeeking by every team and talking about their youth.

 

They have only played one game. Relax. Rose Hill is going to be very good. Elliott has the target on its back, but all this early season praise means nothing, and I think those kids know it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.