Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cissell tops 5,000 rushing yds

Featured Replies

North Bullitt junior RB Dalton Cissell eclipsed the 5,000 yd career rushing mark in last Friday's loss at Lone Oak. Cissell now has 5,070 yds as he gets ready for a senior season in which he is likely to get 35-40 touches per game after averaging 21 carries this season. Cissell has averaged 145 yds per game over his 35 game career.

I understand that he will lose most of his supporting cast for the '08 season??

  • Author

North will return the All-District QB Jordan Mayberry along with 20 other juniors. The O-Line will be pretty good again as well. Also, I believe 7 juniors and 2 soph's started on defense last Friday.

Wow!!!!

 

I am not being smart about this but do I have a few questions....

 

Is this kid that good?

Do they give him the ball EVERY play?

Do they have a puff schedule?

Or is the kid invisible on the football field? :lol::lol:

  • Author

I'll take you at your word. 1. He is pretty good. Will be the favorite in his weight class at the State Power lifting meet this winter. 2. No, he only carried the ball 21 times per game. 3. No, according to calpreps.com they won the toughest 4A district this year and also played a number of 5A and 6A schools including Lafayette and Shelby Co. 4. ???

I'll take you at your word. 1. He is pretty good. Will be the favorite in his weight class at the State Power lifting meet this winter. 2. No, he only carried the ball 21 times per game. 3. No, according to calpreps.com they won the toughest 4A district this year and also played a number of 5A and 6A schools including Lafayette and Shelby Co. 4. ???

 

 

I was being serious...well with the exception of last question.

 

 

Nice job to this young man and his team.

  • Author

LOL, wasn't sure but thanks for the post.

Cissell is an outstanding running back probably the best back the Lone Oak faced this year. I wonder why No Bullitt did not run the ball when they took over at midfield instead of throwing the pass that was picked off ? I would have tried to run the ball downfield & if I had scored to make it 40 to 39 then I would have went for the 2pt conversion for the win.

Cissell is an outstanding running back probably the best back the Lone Oak faced this year. I wonder why No Bullitt did not run the ball when they took over at midfield instead of throwing the pass that was picked off ? I would have tried to run the ball downfield & if I had scored to make it 40 to 39 then I would have went for the 2pt conversion for the win.
I was a little surprised myself ... the way North Bullitt had run the ball on the previous series, which ended on a fourth down at Lone Oak's 20, I figured they would stay with the ground game. I thought Lone Oak's defense was showing signs of wearing down, and there was plenty of time left to drive down the field.
LOL, wasn't sure but thanks for the post.

 

 

What is NB schedule?

What is NB schedule?
Their five losses were to quality teams ... Lafayette, Shelby County, Bullitt East, Marion County and Lone Oak. They also beat Bullitt East and Marion County in the playoffs.
  • Author

Also beat Breck Co, Waggener, J-Town, Bullitt Central, South Oldham, and Larue Co. Lost to Lafayette by 10, Shelby Co by 5, lost to Bullitt East by 7 then came back to beat them by 26 in playoffs, lost to Marion by 7 when they were 7-0 then beat them by 7 in playoffs.

North Bullitt played a nice schedule. I remember when time2punt put some film of Cissell on here earlier this year, and then I got to see him on film against Marion and Bullitt East. He is an excellent running back, runs low to the ground (which is an improvement from when he was a freshman), you never really get a clean shot on him, makes good adjustments in traffic, hits the hole hard and has the patience to let plays develop. He is certainly good enough to earn a scholarship to play college football. The "where" is the big question. I think scouts might be somewhat deterred by his size, and he does not have the patented break away speed in the open field. Interestingly, I think NB loses their talented QB this year, so we'll see whether his production level can remain constant as the sole focus back as a senior. As a running back, I think he is a D-IAA or D-II player; he reminds me a lot of former Lincoln County Mr. Football Jeremy Simpson who was a gifted back whose pedigree fell between the cracks for colleges.

 

Where is he on grades/background and other non-tangibles?

As a running back, I think he is a D-IAA or D-II player; he reminds me a lot of former Lincoln County Mr. Football Jeremy Simpson who was a gifted back whose pedigree fell between the cracks for colleges.
I would agree. He's a good high school running back, but he's sort of a "tweener" for college recruiters.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.