Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How is the 14th looking?

Featured Replies

Who is going to be the team to beat? Anyone had any scrimmages yet, how are they looking? Anyone have any dates of upcoming scrimmages? I think Owsley County is having something saturday, but not sure.

 

Top teams have to be Breathitt, Perry, Hazard, Knott and Owsley. Due to the fact the some girls quit and some of the 8th graders were held back and can't play varsity this year that hurts Letcher Centrals team and moves them down in the region.

I think Owsley County is in the mix this year. They have one of the best players in the region in senior Kendra Combs. And they lost to graduation one player..... and they had a good team last year, so this year looks promising.

I think they are the team to beat in the 56th, and could be a factor in the 14th region.

And the future looks great too. An 8th grader, Peyton Wright, is a future star imo in the region.....5'9, left handed, can jump like a jack rabbit, VERY athletic. And 7th grader Peyton Thomas has all the tools to be a very good guard. I'm excited about the future of my Lady Owls.:thumb:

I think Owsley County is in the mix this year. They have one of the best players in the region in senior Kendra Combs. And they lost to graduation one player..... and they had a good team last year, so this year looks promising.

I think they are the team to beat in the 56th, and could be a factor in the 14th region.

And the future looks great too. An 8th grader, Peyton Wright, is a future star imo in the region.....5'9, left handed, can jump like a jack rabbit, VERY athletic. And 7th grader Peyton Thomas has all the tools to be a very good guard. I'm excited about the future of my Lady Owls.:thumb:

 

 

Very well said, Professor!!!

Breathitt County looks like the team to beat. Their coach is the mad bomb.

Owsley Co scrimmages LCC tonight at LCC. That will be a good barometer for both teams.

Knott Central is looking very good. They played East Ridge last weekend and absolutely killed them. They play Belfry tonight at Allen Central. Should be a good game.

After watching Kendall Noble this year playing grade school ball, I dont know if any high school girl in the region can play with this kid. She is quick as a cat, she plays with so much court knowledge, she lets the game come to her, and she is about 5'11 now. She has grown about 3 inches since last year. She is a shot blocking machine. Throw in 6'3 Shouse in there with her and good lord who is going to get a shot off? I know that theres another younger Shouse girl coming up that is big and fast as well. I think they will destroy everyone in the region this year. Perry and Knott better bring their A games if they want to compete with the Bobcats. I also look for Hazard to have a nice team this year. Should be an interesting season.

I think one of the most improved teams in the region will be Buckhorn. They have some very good young talent with a good group of 8th grade and 7th grade girls playing with them. Coach Wooten seems to having them playing more as a team and they play extremely hard. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they are going to win the region, but they have improved noticeably. Looks like Coach Wooten may be turning this program around. I wish them all the luck in the world.

l beleive that Breathitt will be one of the hardest teams to beat this year. With Noble and Shouse they will be dangerous.

Lets not forget about the big guard named Haddix. She is a heck of a player. Who all is starting for Breathitt? Is Kristin Bowan getting some PT?

Cant forget about Perry, I watched them a little this summer and that pg is tough.

I'll go with Breathitt 1 and Perry in a close 2nd.

What about Leslie? Who do they have returning? Any young players moving up?

What in the world is wrong with Letcher Central? They are struggling early, not like Coach Adams usual teams.

 

LCC has alot of young players this year, but hey do have talent. I do beleive they will be alright as the year progresses.

  • Author

Perry Central had 2 good games last night...

PCC beat Betsy Layne

Breathitt beat Belfry at the buzzer by 2

 

PCC plays Breathitt saturday.. should be a good one

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.