Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patrick Patterson: Program Changer

Featured Replies

Mayo has the hype; these guys will have the longevity

 

Patrick Patterson, 6-9, 219 lbs., Kentucky

Patterson nearly tied himself to Lucas in a package deal, but instead he headed to bluegrass country, and Big Blue Nation will forever be pleased. Patterson is undersized and probably underweight for the next level with his current skill set, but he is a beast on the boards, and his ferocious intensity will have Billy Clyde smiling his way to the Sweet 16 and beyond for the next several years. While Patterson should eventually become a pro, it might take three or four years for the NBA to buy in, and during that time, he will change the demeanor of SEC rebounding for the better. His signing instantly energized Kentucky recruiting, which was -- more than anything else -- the sore spot in the 10-year Tubby Smith era.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True he is undersized for the pros, but Tyrus Thomas made the early jump. It doesnt necessarily mean he will succeed right away, but it doesnt prevent him from earning an early spot in the draft.

Certainly he's not done growing? Is he? If he gets to 6'10 or 11 in the next year will his stock be too high to stay?

Certainly he's not done growing? Is he? If he gets to 6'10 or 11 in the next year will his stock be too high to stay?

 

He is also really only 10 or 15 pounds away from ready to play the 4 in the NBA anyway.

He is also really only 10 or 15 pounds away from ready to play the 4 in the NBA anyway.

That's what I mean. I've only seen him play once, but if he's 6'10 or especialy 6'11 and 235-240, he's going to have some huge money thrown his way....

I was skeptical, leaving HS for College, that he could score inside from the post . He looked very aggressive the other night and will only get better.

I was skeptical, leaving HS for College, that he could score inside from the post . He looked very aggressive the other night and will only get better.

I agree I think he has huge potential. All the more reason to believe you hope you get two MAYYYYYYbe three years out of him.

Patterson imo is going to be a very good college player.

As for program changer, no he is not (jmo) and that is because tha this U.K. basketball proram is not in shambles - just needs a swift kick in the britche's. I like this team and the way that they hustle, flying around - diving for the loose balls and everything. Patterson as I said imo will be a very good player at U.K.. How good remains to be seen but I really like the way he plays in all areas.

As for him in the pro's, I don't mean to sound bad but I am concerned with him at U.K.

  • Author
I agree I think he has huge potential. All the more reason to believe you hope you get two MAYYYYYYbe three years out of him.

 

Still hard to tell, but I can't see him lasting 4 years. I hope for 3, but 2 wouldn't suprise me.

I agree I think he has huge potential. All the more reason to believe you hope you get two MAYYYYYYbe three years out of him.
Agreed....:thumb: That is a major concern for many top college programs, that players they recruit will leave early and the void can't be filled.

 

The new Rule, will help early but can result in limited upperclassmen. I was hesitant, about his 15'± jumpshot and ability, to defend out of the paint. His footwork speed was good but should/will need to improve in college.

 

A solid young corps group of players, that will play key minutes this year.

Let's not crown this young man yet. They played PIKEVILLE.

 

Not like it was even a middle-of-the-road NCAA/SEC opponent. Let's see what he does against UT, UL, IU, etc, before we crown him.

Let's not crown this young man yet. They played PIKEVILLE.

 

Not like it was even a middle-of-the-road NCAA/SEC opponent. Let's see what he does against UT, UL, IU, etc, before we crown him.

I think we're all saying, he will be a very good player. I see tremendous potential in him but he also has areas, that UK will work on to improve.

 

To me, the ability to score facing the basket needs improving. His lateral footwork, when guarding outside the post. His vertical jumping, on put-backs and follow-ups, will have to be more physical in the SEC....All areas, he can and will work on.

Patrick has a ton of talent with a lunchpail work ethic. He impressed me the other night with how hard he plays. You can't say that about all the McDonald's All-Americans. I agree with OR. We don't need a program changer, just a kick in the rear end.

Agreed....:thumb: That is a major concern for many top college programs, that players they recruit will leave early and the void can't be filled.

 

The new Rule, will help early but can result in limited upperclassmen. I was hesitant, about his 15'± jumpshot and ability, to defend out of the paint. His footwork speed was good but should/will need to improve in college.

 

A solid young corps group of players, that will play key minutes this year.

 

:thumb: Good post and observations, I agree on everything said in this one. IMO we can all agree that he is going to be a very good college player and big part of the U.K. team. How good remains to be seen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.