Ashland/Johnson Central Updates

LRCW

If it was 2 or 200 does it matter. Ashland, understandable so, is struggling this year because of all they lost last year. 22 seniors is no cupcake, especially in this district. Now, I assume Ashland is relatively young, so maybe next year they can take advantage of some of the more senior loaded teams.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it was 2 or 200 does it matter. Ashland, understandable so, is struggling this year because of all they lost last year. 22 seniors is no cupcake, especially in this district. Now, I assume Ashland is relatively young, so maybe next year they can take advantage of some of the more senior loaded teams.

I am assuming that your a JC fan. If Ashland was up by 20 + and done a double reverse pass for a TD what do you think?

I am assuming that your a JC fan. If Ashland was up by 20 + and done a double reverse pass for a TD what do you think?

If it were the 4th quarter I would have seen it as running up the score, but it was only the 2nd quarter.

I understand your point of view. But mine is Ashland has a 5A enrollment, so it should play 5A competion. Johnson Central has been in the same situation. When JC flip flopped from 3A to 4A in the old classification, JC was always the smallest 4A school, but they played their schedule and with pretty good success. Got its first District Title in Class 4A. So all im saying is it can be done, enrollment #'s is not an excuse for the season Ashland has had. Its the amount of talent they had to replace from last year to this year.

JC was up by 29 late in the first half when you said that they were running up the score. Now, in the fourt quarter JC is up by 29. Do you really believe Matney is running up the score?

I understand your point of view. But mine is Ashland has a 5A enrollment, so it should play 5A competion. Johnson Central has been in the same situation. When JC flip flopped from 3A to 4A in the old classification, JC was always the smallest 4A school, but they played their schedule and with pretty good success. Got its first District Title in Class 4A. So all im saying is it can be done, enrollment #'s is not an excuse for the season Ashland has had. Its the amount of talent they had to replace from last year to this year.

I agree with you that enrollment is not an excuse. Ashland has the talent but, IMO , its not getting used properly....