Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NLI Early Signing Period

Featured Replies

Matt Nichols has lots of UPSIDE potential. He has size, arm, bat and a good baseball head. He should be very successful playing college baseball.

 

Agreed but yet again, his running ability just isn't up to par with D1 speed at the corners.

 

From people that I've talked to, you need to be in the range of 7.1-7.3 in the 60 but the higher the number the more power your gonna need. And its not uncommon if D1 schools get players who are faster than that with still alot of power.

 

Until Matt improves his speed, I will stand by my statement

  • Replies 35
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but yet again, his running ability just isn't up to par with D1 speed at the corners.

 

From people that I've talked to, you need to be in the range of 7.1-7.3 in the 60 but the higher the number the more power your gonna need. And its not uncommon if D1 schools get players who are faster than that with still alot of power.

 

Until Matt improves his speed, I will stand by my statement

 

Sounds like you have read a lot into this. I will say this, If that is the only thing keeping him from D-1, a lot of coaches are losing out.

Its great to see 3 players alone from the 9th region signing D1 already. Im sure there will be many more players to sign, congrats you guys.

Sounds like you have read a lot into this. I will say this, If that is the only thing keeping him from D-1, a lot of coaches are losing out.

 

Now you misunderstood me, I believe he is a D1 pitcher BUT I just don't believe that he is a D1 position player due to his speed and, IMO, I believe his defensive skills are suspect.

Nichols had offers from many bigger D-1 schools; Michigan State, Arkansas State, Eastern Kentucky and Western Kentucky. Morehead seems to be the perfect fit for Matt.

Matt Nichols has lots of UPSIDE potential. He has size, arm, bat and a good baseball head. He should be very successful playing college baseball.

 

Does he hit left or right handed?

Nothing at all wrong with Morehead State, as I believe Coach Sorg, Parr, Neal and Wheat, are developing the program, plus bringing in very good talent.

Agreed, hearing nothing but good things about the new staff.

  • Author
Agreed, hearing nothing but good things about the new staff.
I've spoken/communicated with them several times and they are working hard, to get MSU better.

 

Improvements are being made to the facility and they have long range wish-list plans. I hope players in state, strongly consider Morehead State with regards to Baseball. We have a tremendous amount of talent in Kentucky and nothing better, to watch a program grow from within.

I've spoken/communicated with them several times and they are working hard, to get MSU better.

 

Improvements are being made to the facility and they have long range wish-list plans. I hope players in state, strongly consider Morehead State with regards to Baseball. We have a tremendous amount of talent in Kentucky and nothing better, to watch a program grow from within.

 

Totally agree, they are working very hard to turn the program around very quickly. The future seems very bright, and to bring in local in state talent to help with this not only helps now but also in the future, local recuiting ties and attendence, local boosters etc.

I am personaly friends with both Cody and Matt, and both of them said they are going to be dual players in College.

 

While I am sure both will want to be dual players in College, playing for a D1 team is a bit different than playing for the local HS team.

 

Matts future is pitching, and I wouldn't want him to hurt his arm by throwing a ball from 1st to 3rd on a wet field. You can easily get in bad throwing habits by playing third base....

 

As for Cody, he will start in CF every day, so why would any D1 coach want to waste his starting CF pitching? Ok maybe every once in a while but....anymore than that and your wasting Cody talent.

 

Both outstanding kids from wonderful families and I wish both the best of luck playing for their D1 schools. Great job Terry & Lynn, and Chris & Joy!!

  • Author

Anyone sign today, if so list them here and we can keep track. Be sure to give each student-athlete his own thread.

Cory Farris - Boone County Signs NLI with University of Kentucky today @ 2:00 PM.

Cody Elliott signs Monday Nov.19 @2:00

Ashland Post 76 and Greenup Co. high school pitcher Tyler Hieneman signed today with Morehead State University. It was Tylers` second visit in a little over a week. Tyler is the fourth early signee for MSU and coach Sorg. Tyler joins former Post 76 players Daniel Pugh (Paintsville) and Casey Branham (Boyd Co.) to bring the total of sixers on the eagles squad to three. It sure would be nice to see Peyton Martin and Josh Wilson join them all the following year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.