2007 KHSAA Volleyball Sweet 16 pairings with times

All games will be played at Regents Hall on the campus of Northern Kentucky University. There might be live stats available for the entire tournament and if there is, I'll post a link on in this thread when it becomes available.

Friday's Matches

Match 1

Greenwood GATORS v/s Letcher County Central COUGARS @ 1 p.m.

Match 2

Assumption ROCKETS v/s Corbin REDHOUNDS @ 2 p.m.

Match 3

Marshall County MARSHALS v/s Mercy Academy JAGUARS @ 3 p.m.

Match 4

South Oldham DRAGONS v/s Belfry PIRATES @ 4 p.m.

Match 5

Elizabethtown PANTHERS v/s Russell RED DEVILS @ 5 p.m.

Match 6

Caldwell County TIGERS v/s Notre Dame Academy PANDAS @ 6 p.m.

Match 7

Owensboro Catholic ACES v/s Newport Central Catholic THOROUGHBREDS @ 7 p.m.

Match 8

South Laurel CARDINALS v/s Henry Clay BLUE DEVILS @ 8 p.m.

Saturday's Matches

Match 9: Quarterfinal 1

Winner M1 v/s Winner M2 @ 9 a.m.

Match 10: Quarterfinal 2

Winner M3 v/s Winner M4 @ 10 a.m.

Match 11: Quarterfinal 3

Winner M5 v/s Winner M6 @ 11 a.m.

Match 12: Quarterfinal 4

Winner M7 v/s Winner M8 @ 12 p.m.

Match 13: Semifinal 1

Winner QF1 v/s Winner QF2 @ 2 p.m.

Match 14: Semifinal 2

Winner QF3 v/s Winner QF4 @ 3 p.m.

Match 15: State Championship Match

Winner SF1 v/s Winner SF2 @ 8:30 p.m.

Any first round matches that stick out for the casual fans to go see? I am sure that the semifinals of NCC vs. NDA will be a great match-up (if they both get that far) as will the Mercy vs Assumption match (again if both get that far)..

Who besides the above four teams, has a realistic chance at getting to the semis or winning the state title? Not trying to be cute or funny but other than the four I haven't heard anything about the other twelve.

I think matches 1, 5 and 8 will be very entertaining. South Laurel is undefeated on the season but hasn't played a schedule that is up to par with the better teams in this tournament while Henry Clay will feature Gwen Rucker who has committed to Louisville to play volleyball and basketball.

Elizabethtown, Marshall County, and Caldwell County will be making their first trip to state and I'm not sure if this is Henry Clay's first trip to state or not.

I think the best volleyball will of course be played in the three above mentioned matches then again on Saturday in the semifinals and finals.

I will predict, as I have all season long, Mercy will defeat Newport Central Catholic in the state finals. Yes you read it right. For some reason, I have had this feeling all season long that Mercy was going to be the state champion. If I am wrong then I'll be the first to admit it.

No matter the outcome, I wish everyone that is associated the all 16 teams the best of luck in your journey for the state title. Please have a safe trip up here to Highland Heights and enjoy your time up here. Like I said in another thread, I will be PA Announcer for the tournament and if anyone wants to come say hello in between each match, then feel free to come on over.

Here were the coaches picks for the regional favorites on 10-5-07.Pretty close.:thumb:

Region 1 - Marshall County

Region 2 - Henderson County /Caldwell Co won.

Region 3 - Owensboro Catholic

Region 4 - Greenwood

Region 5 - Elizabethtown

Region 6 - Mercy

Region 7 - Assumption

Region 8 - South Oldham

Region 9 - Notre Dame

Region 10 - Newport Central Catholic

Region 11 - Paul Dunbar /Henry Clay won.

Region 12 - Pulaski County and South Laurel (tie)

Region 13 - Cumberland /Corbin won.

Region 14 - Letcher County Central

Region 15 - Belfry

Region 16 - Russell

I think matches 1, 5 and 8 will be very entertaining. South Laurel is undefeated on the season but hasn't played a schedule that is up to par with the better teams in this tournament while Henry Clay will feature Gwen Rucker who has committed to Louisville to play volleyball and basketball.

Elizabethtown, Marshall County, and Caldwell County will be making their first trip to state and I'm not sure if this is Henry Clay's first trip to state or not.

I think the best volleyball will of course be played in the three above mentioned matches then again on Saturday in the semifinals and finals.

I will predict, as I have all season long, Mercy will defeat Newport Central Catholic in the state finals. Yes you read it right. For some reason, I have had this feeling all season long that Mercy was going to be the state champion. If I am wrong then I'll be the first to admit it.

No matter the outcome, I wish everyone that is associated the all 16 teams the best of luck in your journey for the state title. Please have a safe trip up here to Highland Heights and enjoy your time up here. Like I said in another thread, I will be PA Announcer for the tournament and if anyone wants to come say hello in between each match, then feel free to come on over.

I think NewCath has the toughest road to the semis as Owensboro Cath has a respectable record and has played some of the Louisville schools. The Henry Clay/ Sout Laurel winner will be a good test also. NewCath has beaten Henry Clay already this year, but any team with an athlete like Gwen Rucker can pose a problem. The other 3 semi participants mentioned above won't even break a sweat in their first two matches. Saturday afternoon and night should provide some very exciting matches, and I would encourage any casual fans who really want to see the game played it is supposed to be to come out to NKU and enjoy themselves.

All games will be played at Regents Hall on the campus of Northern Kentucky University. There might be live stats available for the entire tournament and if there is, I'll post a link on in this thread when it becomes available.

Friday's Matches

Match 1

Greenwood GATORS v/s Letcher County Central COUGARS @ 1 p.m.

Match 2

Assumption ROCKETS v/s Corbin REDHOUNDS @ 2 p.m.

Match 3

Marshall County MARSHALS v/s Mercy Academy JAGUARS @ 3 p.m.

Match 4

South Oldham DRAGONS v/s Belfry PIRATES @ 4 p.m.

Match 5

Elizabethtown PANTHERS v/s Russell RED DEVILS @ 5 p.m.

Match 6

Caldwell County TIGERS v/s Notre Dame Academy PANDAS @ 6 p.m.

Match 7

Owensboro Catholic ACES v/s Newport Central Catholic THOROUGHBREDS @ 7 p.m.

Match 8

South Laurel CARDINALS v/s Henry Clay BLUE DEVILS @ 8 p.m.

Saturday's Matches

Match 9: Quarterfinal 1

Winner M1 v/s Winner M2 @ 9 a.m.

Match 10: Quarterfinal 2

Winner M3 v/s Winner M4 @ 10 a.m.

Match 11: Quarterfinal 3

Winner M5 v/s Winner M6 @ 11 a.m.

Match 12: Quarterfinal 4

Winner M7 v/s Winner M8 @ 12 p.m.

Match 13: Semifinal 1

Winner QF1 v/s Winner QF2 @ 2 p.m.

Match 14: Semifinal 2

Winner QF3 v/s Winner QF4 @ 3 p.m.

Match 15: State Championship Match

Winner SF1 v/s Winner SF2 @ 8:30 p.m.

Statman,

The KHSAA volleyball web site has links to live stats for all games!

Statman,

The KHSAA volleyball web site has links to live stats for all games!

I found that out yesterday and forgot to post the information.

For some reason I thought that the live stats were going to be coming from the NKU site instead of the KHSAA cause I've seen it done that way before with other state association's championship game live stats being done from the host school's website. Just a mental error on my part.

We are now just a little more than 47 hours away from the start of the tournament. I have been putting a lot of time into get music ready for the tournament and can't wait to get this thing underway. I am looking forward to seeing some of my mountain folks make the trip up here and I'm also looking forward to seeing the volleyball teams that I have never seen before (Marshall County, Etown, Henry Clay, Notre Dame, NewCath, and Caldwell County).

Once again, best of luck to all the teams that are playing in the tournament and for the fans that are making the trip to support your team please have a safe trip up here to the northern Kentucky area.

Assumption Wins!!

Mercy and NDA played tough but #14 is in the books. Mercy had a fine year. They beat Assumption at home during the season! That's having a good year. It's too bad they can't change things so SHA could be a part of the tournament. All fine teams.

Today KIVA tryouts start. No rest for Louisville volleyball.