Clay Co. 26 Whitley Co. 20

Those kids are walking the halls of the Whitley County High School. Until politics are removed from the program this will continue to be the case. You have many students that played all through elementary and middle school and decided not to play for the high school. There has to be a reason, don't you think?:confused:

I think that distance is the major reason must kids don't play, I heard that it would take an hour to two hours after practice to get home on a bus, no kid will ever do that, but that is just my opinion.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Cambell nor Black looks that great to the people of Whitley Co. at this moment. Maybe we can get COACH HERRON to come over next? Then we could say we have a trifecta. Maybe thats what the Whitley Board is trying for? Plac your bets.

Yeah i seriously doubt that would ever happen. See Coach Heron has one thing that Jim Black never did, a diploma from Williamsburg. Coach Herron loves the Burg, im not saying that Jim didn't, while he was here, but Coach Herron always has and always will. I dont think there is anywhere else he would rather coach.

You guys are still young and usually young kids have a hard time winning close games. Whitley easily could have beaten Middlesboro, PCC, LCC, and Clay and then there wouldn't be any complaining about the coach. I know it is hard to be patient, but just give him some time.

Mr Fundamental when I played we did not have activity buses. I walked or bumed a ride almost to Corbin every day. Coach Cambell really did'nt bring Whitley to greatness they only had two playoff victories during his tenure. One of those was to a weak Clay Co. team as I recall.I don't think the people of Whitley Co really want Coach Herron , but since we have done so well with all the other coaches we have goten from the Burg , who knows?

Mr Fundamental when I played we did not have activity buses. I walked or bumed a ride almost to Corbin every day. Coach Cambell really did'nt bring Whitley to greatness they only had two playoff victories during his tenure. One of those was to a weak Clay Co. team as I recall.I don't think the people of Whitley Co really want Coach Herron , but since we have done so well with all the other coaches we have goten from the Burg , who knows?

:ylsuper:

Whitley always has a had a great program talk to the radio announcers on 104.3 they will tell you! As far as Coach Jerry Herron taking the job out there, that is his buisness, I doubt that he would! I still think it is premature to be discussing future coaches of Whitley's program, I think that they got a great one, maybe just maybe it is the system itself::sssh:

Coach Campbell came from Wburg and did a pretty good job. Coach Black was at Whitley for 10 years before he came to Wburg so to say Whitley got him from Wburg is not really right. Maybe there are other coaches you got from Wburg, I'm just not sure who they are. I could be wrong but I dont think Coach Herron would want to go to Whitley and coach. I actually think he the chance to be an assistant at Whitley before he came back home to Wburg.

Coach Campbell came from Wburg and did a pretty good job. Coach Black was at Whitley for 10 years before he came to Wburg so to say Whitley got him from Wburg is not really right. Maybe there are other coaches you got from Wburg, I'm just not sure who they are. I could be wrong but I dont think Coach Herron would want to go to Whitley and coach. I actually think he the chance to be an assistant at Whitley before he came back home to Wburg.

Did Coach Campbell work or coach at Williamsburg?

Yes Coach Cambell graduared and worked as a ssistant under Bob Rose at Williamsburg. As far as the system goes that they run , who puts that in ? The head coach? I really don't think the system is the problem. Maybe the way it is run. Why do you spread the field to run the ball? The McCumbers kid seems to throw the ball very well. On fourth and one why can't you go under center. By the way I allso think Coach Black is a fine person!I guess my main question is " why don't you run what is suited to your kids instead of trying to suit your kids to what you run"?

Yes Coach Cambell graduared and worked as a ssistant under Bob Rose at Williamsburg. As far as the system goes that they run , who puts that in ? The head coach? I really don't think the system is the problem. Maybe the way it is run. Why do you spread the field to run the ball? The McCumbers kid seems to throw the ball very well. On fourth and one why can't you go under center. By the way I allso think Coach Black is a fine person!I guess my main question is " why don't you run what is suited to your kids instead of trying to suit your kids to what you run"?

You spread the field to leave less people in the box and therefore making it easier to run.

I think that distance is the major reason must kids don't play, I heard that it would take an hour to two hours after practice to get home on a bus, no kid will ever do that, but that is just my opinion.

IMO distance from school is a problem most county schools have, I'm sure alot of Bell Co. players live along way off as well. If they ride two hours on a bus after practice some must live past Knoxville, or the busdriver goes real, real slow.