Clay Co. 26 Whitley Co. 20

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like another 2- 9 season might be approaching. The radio guys from Whitley were saying how close the Colonels could be to being say.......if a few things had went their way this season. Almost like a broken recording. I am getting impatient as a taxpayer in the County.

Looks like another 2- 9 season might be approaching. The radio guys from Whitley were saying how close the Colonels could be to being say.......if a few things had went their way this season. Almost like a broken recording. I am getting impatient as a taxpayer in the County.

Whitley is terrible, I wonder how Coach Campbell looks to the Whitley faithful now...

Shew, I do believe if Whitley played a little league team the radio guys would still give the old excuse of how young that Colonel team is.They need to Get over it. Whitley just isn't playing good football right now and its not because of their youth.

I agree about the youth statement. I could'nt have said it better myself Game Ball. But let my add - Suhould a school as larg as Whitley not have more players on the field ? How many seniors are walking the halls and not playing football? It seems that Whitley has a great elementary and a good middle school program. So where is all the kids?

Does Whitley Middle school run a different offense than the high school? If so that could be an issue one thing that helps is when you middle school and high school run the same play book. Give a simpler version to the middle school then your kids already have an idea of what the system looks like.

Personally, we think the world of Jim Black. He did an outstanding job at Williamsburg and, in my opinion will do so at Whitley. I watched Whitlley at Lynn Camp and saw two guys coaching their butts off...Coach Black, and the Lawson boy, who I understand is an unpaid volunteer. The rest of the coaches seemd to stand around alot. So maybe those folks grumbling about coaches should look beyond the head guy. If I'm not mistaken didn't coach Black inherit his staff? The thing that was always a frustration for me in coaching HS was the fact most of the time I inherited what was there, in college the folks I coached with brought their handpicked staff in....I may be off base, just an observation. I hope Jim turns this around as I think he is a fine man, and an excellent coach.

I agree about the youth statement. I could'nt have said it better myself Game Ball. But let my add - Suhould a school as larg as Whitley not have more players on the field ? How many seniors are walking the halls and not playing football? It seems that Whitley has a great elementary and a good middle school program. So where is all the kids?

Those kids are walking the halls of the Whitley County High School. Until politics are removed from the program this will continue to be the case. You have many students that played all through elementary and middle school and decided not to play for the high school. There has to be a reason, don't you think?:confused:

I don't think Cambell nor Black looks that great to the people of Whitley Co. at this moment. Maybe we can get COACH HERRON to come over next? Then we could say we have a trifecta. Maybe thats what the Whitley Board is trying for? Plac your bets.

:laugh:, That is just funny! I thought Campbell brought Whitley to its greatness, and so on and so forth!:rolleyes: As for coach Black, he is a good man, but he knew what he was getting into when he decided to leave Williamsburg. I hope that he stays on board, so at least he can right the ship. Good luck to him in all that he does!