The Associated Press has some major issues with their football poll

The Scribe

Pep..

I wish you ROCKS could have kept that unbelievable luck (or lack of) to yourselves early on in '03!!! haha

We (Mercer County) know how you feel this year. We've lost 4 games by a total of 12 points....all games being decided within the last minutes (Pulaski 23-22...Watertown, TN 10-7) or 5 seconds (Lincoln County 12-7....Hopkinsville 17-14) of the game:creepy:!!! Now, if you all can rub off some of the luck you had in the later part of the season on all of us down here in Titan Town, then that would be greatly appreciated!!!:thumb::jump:

Yeah no kidding .. East lost 3 games this year by 3 points total. All had to do with an extra point in the final 8 minutes of the game.

One missed extra point (Woodford), one muffed extra point ran in for two (Central), one dumb decision to go for 2 with no time left (Marion County).

Fairdale, to their credit, beat us by 14 but the final TD came with under a minute left. So we have 4 loses by 17 points.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pep..

I wish you ROCKS could have kept that unbelievable luck (or lack of) to yourselves early on in '03!!! haha

We (Mercer County) know how you feel this year. We've lost 4 games by a total of 12 points....all games being decided within the last minutes (Pulaski 23-22...Watertown, TN 10-7) or 5 seconds (Lincoln County 12-7....Hopkinsville 17-14) of the game:creepy:!!! Now, if you all can rub off some of the luck you had in the later part of the season on all of us down here in Titan Town, then that would be greatly appreciated!!!:thumb::jump:

I wish you all the best on that one! Coming back from an 0-4 start is NOT easy! Thankfully our friends at St.X were willing to oblige us with our first win that season by the tune of 17-6. :D

I wasn't there, but if you have to go three yards in one play to win the game on the road, a lot of coaches would take that chance.

I take back the dumb comment .. just thought in a district game that mattered for the playoffs we should have taken our chances in OT ... they had us down 21-7, so we had momentum on our side.