Danville 20 Bardstown 14

Guest Bluto

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to meet Hearsay tonight and also a good time sitting with Titletownclown, AdoptedAdmiral, and 83Admiral.

As for the game, Danville tried every which way but loose to give this one away. They scored 20 points in about 17 minutes and then basically did nothing else. We'll definately take the win, but wow.

The Ads were lucky to hold on for the win in this game imo. If the length of the quarters was 15 minutes instead of 12, I think Bardstown would have pulled it out. Danville started strong and built a 20-0 lead in the first half with a nice selection of offensive play calls. However, in typical Danville fashion, once they were up by 20, they went into "game preservation" mode and early in the second half Bardstown's D stepped it up and shut the Ads down.

Here is an example of a typical 2nd half Danville drive:

Run off tackle left for 2 yds

Run off tackle right for 1 yd

Punt

On a positive note, Danville's D played a great game.

Nice meeting Hearsay tonight. I wish we would have had a chance to talk a little longer. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the year (except for the rematch later in the playoffs:D)

The Ads were lucky to hold on for the win in this game imo. If the length of the quarters was 15 minutes instead of 12, I think Bardstown would have pulled it out. Danville started strong and built a 20-0 lead in the first half with a nice selection of offensive play calls. However, in typical Danville fashion, once they were up by 20, they went into "game preservation" mode and early in the second half Bardstown's D stepped it up and shut the Ads down.

Here is an example of a typical 2nd half Danville drive:

Run off tackle right for 1 yd

Punt

On a positive note, Danville's D played a great game.

Nice meeting Hearsay tonight. I wish we would have had a chance to talk a little longer. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the year (except for the rematch later in the playoffs:D)

What did you think of the call on the fake punt?

What did you think of the call on the fake punt?

Why I am glad you asked me that question.:fire: Hmm......4th and 20 and NOT in that great of field position and you run it up the middle RIGHT into the TEETH of the defense. I'm leaning toward "What the heck was that all about????" for my answer.

Why I am glad you asked me that question.:fire: Hmm......4th and 20 and NOT in that great of field position and you run it up the middle RIGHT into the TEETH of the defense. I'm leaning toward "What the heck was that all about????" for my answer.

I had a perfect view of the field and it was definately 4th and 20. I would've questioned a pass on a fake, but a run?:confused:

I don't understand Bardstown's problem with intensity in the first quarter. Aside from the first game of the season, this has happened in every game; they come out flat, catch the other team's hit, then try to rebound. They can't spot good teams 3 td's and expect to win. They will play again in the playoffs. Coaching will play a major role in who wins that one; who can make the adjustments, but in the end, it all comes down to the players.

Well, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde traveled over to Danville tonight. Dr. Jekyll was there for the first half and Mr. Hyde finally went crazy in the 2nd.

This is the 4th game this season where the Tigers have spotted the other team 3 TD's and then fight like crazy to get back in the game, only to fall short.

The Admirals were like a machine the first quarter and a half. Tiger defense had no answer for Simon, who had 12 carries for 155 yards in the 1st half. But then he got hurt, and the Tigers switched to a 40 defense, and the rest of the game was all Bardstown.

Alex Smith played pretty well for Bardstown. No turnovers, he ran the game well, did pretty well on the option, threw a beautiful little down out and up for the TD to Hickman in the 3rd quarter. He also throws the stop routes pretty well, but he missed some wide open receivers in the seams and those hurt. He will continue to improve. I think perhaps the Tiger coaching staff is gunshy because of Alex's mistakes earlier in the year, but this game makes apparent that the Tigers cannot ride Scott for any length of time. I though Rashuan Phillips (#42) played a great game at both FB and LB. Tigers cut down penalties, had only one turnover, and tackled better in the open field.

They had the ball at the Admiral 4 yard line in the 2nd quarter and could not put it in. That hurt.

I was very impressed with Derrick Henderson, #3, I think he is Danville's best overall player. Simon is good, I thought Pierce Nesbitt, #57, played a great game, and Tyrell Johnson looks like he could be a player. The Ads clearly lose something going from Simon to Jae Paul Jones. Danville's center, McGee, handled our nose, whether it was the smaller, quicker Riley, or the larger Thompson. Jordan Gay's punting and kickoffs were awesome, first game I have seen in a long time when the Tiger return game was non-existent. That cannot be downplayed.

Overall, the Tigers battled hard, and Danville was the better team tonight. I would love to see this rematch IF we don't spot the Ads 3 TD's.

Got to meet Adopted Admiral, Titletownclown, and Wireman. Next time, boys, I'm coming over early for some grub and we can spend a little more time.