Danville 20 Bardstown 14

Guest Bluto

Well, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde traveled over to Danville tonight. Dr. Jekyll was there for the first half and Mr. Hyde finally went crazy in the 2nd.

This is the 4th game this season where the Tigers have spotted the other team 3 TD's and then fight like crazy to get back in the game, only to fall short.

The Admirals were like a machine the first quarter and a half. Tiger defense had no answer for Simon, who had 12 carries for 155 yards in the 1st half. But then he got hurt, and the Tigers switched to a 40 defense, and the rest of the game was all Bardstown.

Alex Smith played pretty well for Bardstown. No turnovers, he ran the game well, did pretty well on the option, threw a beautiful little down out and up for the TD to Hickman in the 3rd quarter. He also throws the stop routes pretty well, but he missed some wide open receivers in the seams and those hurt. He will continue to improve. I think perhaps the Tiger coaching staff is gunshy because of Alex's mistakes earlier in the year, but this game makes apparent that the Tigers cannot ride Scott for any length of time. I though Rashuan Phillips (#42) played a great game at both FB and LB. Tigers cut down penalties, had only one turnover, and tackled better in the open field.

They had the ball at the Admiral 4 yard line in the 2nd quarter and could not put it in. That hurt.

I was very impressed with Derrick Henderson, #3, I think he is Danville's best overall player. Simon is good, I thought Pierce Nesbitt, #57, played a great game, and Tyrell Johnson looks like he could be a player. The Ads clearly lose something going from Simon to Jae Paul Jones. Danville's center, McGee, handled our nose, whether it was the smaller, quicker Riley, or the larger Thompson. Jordan Gay's punting and kickoffs were awesome, first game I have seen in a long time when the Tiger return game was non-existent. That cannot be downplayed.

Overall, the Tigers battled hard, and Danville was the better team tonight. I would love to see this rematch IF we don't spot the Ads 3 TD's.

Got to meet Adopted Admiral, Titletownclown, and Wireman. Next time, boys, I'm coming over early for some grub and we can spend a little more time.

Pretty good assesment of the game. Danville looked like a machine in the first quarter and then it was all Bardstown. It was kind of like Danville went into preservation mode and tried to just not lose instead of continuing to try to win. Should be a good game when these teams meet again. I think the field looked awesome tonight. Definately one of the best conditioned high school fields around. Good to meet you Hearsay. We'll definately have to get together for the next game!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good assesment of the game. Danville looked like a machine in the first quarter and then it was all Bardstown. It was kind of like Danville went into preservation mode and tried to just not lose instead of continuing to try to win. Should be a good game when these teams meet again. I think the field looked awesome tonight. Definately one of the best conditioned high school fields around. Good to meet you Hearsay. We'll definately have to get together for the next game!

Im looking forward to it...:thumb:

One thing that was interesting to me is that Sam Harp feels he is deep enough in lineman that he does not play Nesbitt or Klein on the offensive line. That, to me, is impressive for a 2A school, even Danville. The Ads don't rebuild, they reload.

One thing that was interesting to me is that Sam Harp feels he is deep enough in lineman that he does not play Nesbitt or Klein on the offensive line. That, to me, is impressive for a 2A school, even Danville. The Ads don't rebuild, they reload.

Coach Harp Saves those Guys for The Bone...:thumb:

IF these 2 teams meet again this year, we'll have to set up a little pre-game fellowship.:thumb:

I like that little area at the East end of the stadium on the hill behind the trees. Looks like a good place for a grill and cooler.

I like that little area at the East end of the stadium on the hill behind the trees. Looks like a good place for a grill and cooler.

A few years ago we did set up a get together outside the stadium and some of the Highlands fans stopped by after the game. Definitely a thought.