National Rankings

BuddyBW

I am not trying to dispute any team coach or players. My question is how the heck can they come up with a "National" ranking for High School. This just seems to me that it would be a popularity contest at best and/or who has the most press coverage an in a highly popuated area for there to be a lot of "ink" given to them.

JMO and question.

I am not trying to dispute any team coach or players. My question is how the heck can they come up with a "National" ranking for High School. This just seems to me that it would be a popularity contest at best and/or who has the most press coverage an in a highly popuated area for there to be a lot of "ink" given to them.

JMO and question.

I tend to agree with you. I don't give them much value.

JMO and question.

Probably, but it is fun if your team is mentioned.:D

I don't look at these as legit either, the first one listed doesn't even have South Panola out of Mississippi that has the longest win streak in the country and I believe has only had one game where they haven't won by at least 30 points.

Max preps has St.X #6 - there is a link from USA Today!

Actually, they're tied with Mater Dei at #5 in that ranking, with 60.2 points.

Also, South Panola is ranked 31. Part of the reason they're not ranked higher, is they've only played one team in the Top 1,000 (according to this ranking) and just two top 3,000 teams. X for example has played 4 top 1,000 teams and only Oldham County wasn't ranked in the top 3,000.

The ranking might drop, even if the Tigers continue to win as the schedule eases up a bit.