Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region 9 Golf Results (Boys)

Featured Replies

Does the 10 include when you tie? Because without ties I only had 9.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to burst your bubble but yes I did. Just to throw this out there Clint Khols is by far the best golfer that I have seen play in high school just to have your name next to his is an accomplishment.

 

We're talking "overall medals" not low man on your team in a match, and you're right about Clint?? Alex Volpenhein could play a little too, just to mention another recent player??

We're talking "overall medals" not low man on your team??

 

Yes I know. Were talking about low man for all the teams involved.

What schools are included in this region and some of the players?

 

Well its now the 8th Region, which i don't understand the change, and it includes:

Bellevue

Bishop Brossart

Bracken County

Campbell County

Dayton

Deming

Fleming County

Grant County

Harrison County

Highlands

Mason County

Newport

Newport Central Catholic

Nicholas County

Pendleton County

Silver Grove

St. Patrick

Williamstown

BTW Camel--I talked to Niemeyer and he said you guys should have beat Brossart for the first time in forever in that '06 match as he & Heineke had their worst 9 hole scores of the year?? :D :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble but yes I did. Just to throw this out there Clint Khols is by far the best golfer that I have seen play in high school just to have your name next to his is an accomplishment.

 

My bubble's just fine, and if you medaled 13 of 14 hat's off to you!!

BTW Camel--I talked to Niemeyer and he said you guys should have beat Brossart for the first time in forever in that '06 match as he & Heineke had their worst 9 hole scores of the year?? :D :lol:

 

:lol: He did. We probly shouldn't have won but Niemeyer couldn't get a putt to drop and Heineke didn't play well at all. But I only hit 2 greens so it was going both ways.

Jeremy Martin is The best golfer in the 9th Region hands down. he could beat anyone he went up against!!!

Jeremy Martin is The best golfer in the 9th Region hands down. he could beat anyone he went up against!!!

 

I completely agree!

Jeremy Martin is The best golfer in the 9th Region hands down. he could beat anyone he went up against!!!

 

he's not in the 9th region anymore.

True. So for the 2008 season I think Zach Wright from Grant is the best in the region but for last year absolutely Jeremy Martin.

True. So for the 2008 season I think Zach Wright from Grant is the best in the region but for last year absolutely Jeremy Martin.

 

Pheonix Ramsey is better than Zach Wright. Wright is too inconsistant with the putter. The only thing that has held Pheonix back is sometimes he gets too down on himself. That was a big turning point for me, when I started to learn to control my temper.

Pheonix Ramsey is better than Zach Wright. Wright is too inconsistant with the putter. The only thing that has held Pheonix back is sometimes he gets too down on himself. That was a big turning point for me, when I started to learn to control my temper.

 

Also the fact that he can only hit the ball about 200 yards will hurt him on longer courses. He does fine on the short courses and he does have a great short game but the distance will kill him on longer courses.

Also the fact that he can only hit the ball about 200 yards will hurt him on longer courses. He does fine on the short courses and he does have a great short game but the distance will kill him on longer courses.

 

There really aren't any long courses around here. He's a member at Pendleton which is about 6,700 from the tips and he does fine. His accuracy more than makes up for his lack of distance. His wedge game gets sickening at sometimes. I've seen him hole a few 50-60 yarders before.

There really aren't any long courses around here. He's a member at Pendleton which is about 6,700 from the tips and he does fine. His accuracy more than makes up for his lack of distance. His wedge game gets sickening at sometimes. I've seen him hole a few 50-60 yarders before.

 

Ok well true on the member part but not on the tips part. The tips at PCC are the gold tees. Phoenix only plays from the blue tees and he just moved back to those from the white tees last year. When the event comes tat he is playing with some of the better golfers at the club and attempts to play from the gold he has a lot of trouble shooting good. I do think Phoenix is a good golfer but the problem is he has not gotten much better since 7th grade. He is a very good kid who loves the game but you are correct, his attitude gets in the way. Zach Wright shot 77 at regionals last year and he just keeps getting better year after year. As for him throwing them in from 50-60 yards, that's great but there are many people who do that. If I remember correctly I was told that Zach Wright threw one in from about 120 last year at AJ Jolly in the Regional tournament on hole number 16 for birdie. First off that a very hard hole to par since the green can be very tricky but to shoot 77 and make that kind of shot under the pressure of a regional tournament at that young of an age can only mean there are still some very good things to come.

 

On the other hand I would say it is between those two players next year to who will win the region as there is no one else in their region that can compete with either one of them when they are playing their best golf they are both just solid young golfers.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.