Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region 9 Golf Results (Boys)

Featured Replies

Show some respect???... Are you saying high school golf is a well publicized sports? If its not football, baseball, or basketball, most likely other school coaches couldn't care less...

 

If by publicized you mean it is covered in local papers the yes. I have seen many full page layouts on high school and amatuer golf min all of the local papers. Also I disagree. If other coaches couldn't care less then why are the last 2 coaches at CCHS Mike Rietz, well known for basketball and Wayne Herringer sp? who is well known for coaching baseball. If they didn't care why would they know about the job let alone take it? It wasn't just for the money because i happen to know they took their seasons very seriously.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off we are not talking about rivals at all. This is about why public schools smiled about all of this. Secondly I really could care less how my school's rival does unless they are playing my team. So to answer your question, "Do you enjoy it when your school's rival gets beaten out of the tournament?" My answer is "NO." I could really care less. Therefore striker is right about you having sour grapes. You should probably watch what you say unless you know what you are talking about.

 

I was at the tournament and i loved seeing them miss out by one shot. Who doesn't want their rival to lose games? Thats what a rivalry is, a subtle hate between teams IN ANY SPORT. I know all of their players were thinking about what they could have done better. But who doesn't? Campbell missed out by 9. Jordan wyatt finished with a triple on 18, Schmidt played horrible, And even Petering who made it to state bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes and wasted shots all day long. I personally know what it feels like to be expected to win and not deliver, but you move past it. Bottom line the right teams won. Brossart didn't deserve to go to state they are just not a strong enough team and will only get weaker next year.

I was at the tournament and i loved seeing them miss out by one shot. Who doesn't want their rival to lose games? Thats what a rivalry is, a subtle hate between teams IN ANY SPORT. I know all of their players were thinking about what they could have done better. But who doesn't? Campbell missed out by 9. Jordan wyatt finished with a triple on 18, Schmidt played horrible, And even Petering who made it to state bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes and wasted shots all day long. I personally know what it feels like to be expected to win and not deliver, but you move past it. Bottom line the right teams won. Brossart didn't deserve to go to state they are just not a strong enough team and will only get weaker next year.

 

When was the last time CCHS made state????People don't care about golf as much as basketball, football, baseball, or even soccer... let's not be biased...

 

And Reitz and Herringer probably coached golf because they were dissappointed with their past sport season with the Camels...:D

 

JK

When was the last time CCHS made state????People don't care about golf as much as basketball, football, baseball, or even soccer... let's not be biased...

 

And Reitz and Herringer probably coached golf because they were dissappointed with their past sport season with the Camels...:D

 

JK

 

In golf? Good question. Why do people not care about it? I would love to hear this reason.

In golf? Good question. Why do people not care about it? I would love to hear this reason.

 

Why do people not care about golf? Because its not a dominant sport in NKY like team sports are... Most individual sports such as golf, tennis, and swimming, are not as played up as much and gets as much attention as the team sports...

Why do people not care about golf? Because its not a dominant sport in NKY like team sports are... Most individual sports such as golf, tennis, and swimming, are not as played up as much and gets as much attention as the team sports...

 

Golf is a team sport as well as an individual. Maybe you dont notice the attention because all you care about are the big 3 sports. Golf gets more attention than soccer. I mean we're in America no one cares about soccer unless you play it or you have to take your kid there 5 times a week.

Lets not knock the sport of golf here. It is the hardest sport to accomplish anything individually. There are about 150 kids in each tournament and only one medalist. That one person is the only one who gets recognition. Show some respect.

 

Trust me striker knows how hard golf is, and all about championship players and teams!! Can't speak for Herringer, but Reitz, while a great guy and fine hoops coach; was there to fill out the lineup card, collect his pay and head for home!!

Trust me striker knows how hard golf is, and all about championship players and teams!! Can't speak for Herringer, but Reitz, while a great guy and fine hoops coach; was there to fill out the lineup card, collect his pay and head for home!!

 

I was on that team that he coached and he took it more seriously than i did. So i think your mis-informed.

I was on that team that he coached and he took it more seriously than i did. So i think your mis-informed.

 

Really? That's funny because if i remember correctly when we played Campbell I remember him making sure everything got started ok and then went and took a nap on the team bus. I also recall hearing from the players numerous times while playing with them that their coach was a horrible coach. They said that he never made them go to practice, if and when they had practice. Sounds to me like he wasn't working very hard. As to him working harder than you did, that may be the reason why you haven't made it to state or had much success over the past years.

As much as I love golf, I must agree with striker. Golf is not a big time sport at all in high school. People really don't get into golf until their later years and golf really doesn't get publicized at any level except for the pro tour. How often do you here about the player of the year in golf on ESPN? Never.

I was at the tournament and i loved seeing them miss out by one shot. Who doesn't want their rival to lose games? Thats what a rivalry is, a subtle hate between teams IN ANY SPORT. I know all of their players were thinking about what they could have done better. But who doesn't? Campbell missed out by 9. Jordan wyatt finished with a triple on 18, Schmidt played horrible, And even Petering who made it to state bogeyed 2 of the last 3 holes and wasted shots all day long. I personally know what it feels like to be expected to win and not deliver, but you move past it. Bottom line the right teams won. Brossart didn't deserve to go to state they are just not a strong enough team and will only get weaker next year.

 

You should feel really proud of yourself. Your rival lost out on the state tournament by one shot and you are happy about it. First of all, great sportsmanship on your part. I can understand you being happy if we lost in the regular season by one shot, but to miss out on a great experience like the state tournament and for you to be happy is very low. You have no idea how we were feeling after missing the state tournament by one shot. Especially since we had been there the past 5 years and wanted to go back and continue that streak. Could you say that about your team? Didn't think so. If your team was good enough to actually make it there for once you would know that feeling. So until you beat actually beat Brossart and go to the state tournament 5 years straight like we did then I suggest you think before you say comments like that. Especially when you have no right to be saying them.

Really? That's funny because if i remember correctly when we played Campbell I remember him making sure everything got started ok and then went and took a nap on the team bus. I also recall hearing from the players numerous times while playing with them that their coach was a horrible coach. They said that he never made them go to practice, if and when they had practice. Sounds to me like he wasn't working very hard. As to him working harder than you did, that may be the reason why you haven't made it to state or had much success over the past years.[/QUOTE]

 

so you played against us or coached? Ok well if we played you I probly murdered you considering the fact that i never got beat by anyone all season. I don't think you know who I am obviously or you wouldn't have said what you did. And we beat brossart twice this year so you can check that one off the list.

so you played against us or coached? Ok well if we played you I probly murdered you considering the fact that i never got beat by anyone all season. I don't think you know who I am obviously or you wouldn't have said what you did. And we beat brossart twice this year so you can check that one off the list.

 

WOW--Congratulations Camel!! I didn't realize Campbell had a golfer this season (or any season) who medaled in every match, every tourney and then obviously went on and won the state--Guess that silly Golfstat website, the newspapers, KHSAA, etc. mistakenly posted the wrong winner. Let me at least give you your due congrats!! :thumb: :rolleyes:

WOW--Congratulations Camel!! I didn't realize Campbell had a golfer this season (or any season) who medaled in every match, every tourney and then obviously went on and won the state--Guess that silly Golfstat website, the newspapers, KHSAA, etc. mistakenly posted the wrong winner. Let me at least give you your due congrats!! :thumb: :rolleyes:

 

:thumb:

WOW--Congratulations Camel!! I didn't realize Campbell had a golfer this season (or any season) who medaled in every match, every tourney and then obviously went on and won the state--Guess that silly Golfstat website, the newspapers, KHSAA, etc. mistakenly posted the wrong winner. Let me at least give you your due congrats!! :thumb: :rolleyes:

 

How dyou you figure you beat us twice. I remember a match. That's it. I also believe we beat you in regionals which means wecame ready to play when it mattered and you didn't, but that should be no surprise to you beacause you should be use to it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.