Owensboro at Boone Co predictions

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Master you can probably disregard GREEN NATION's post he is a Owensboro Catholic person and is just jealous that we played them and never had to punt the ball and beat them easily. LOL just kidding GREEN! Good Luck to the Aces now that you guys can start playing in your district and not playing all the 5A and 6A schools. You know you have lost to 2 teams that are still undefeated in Evansville Reitz, in which they are just awesome that QB is going to be time and also The Red Devils who are also 5-0 well maybe until this weekend.

Yeah that's why I said they have a hard time outscoring good teams, we are not a good team yet! LOL!

No, I actually can see for myself that Joe Prince is not much of an offense coach. We've been waiting for 5 years. I just wanted some feedback from other people. It's obvious that Owensboro's defense for the past 3 years has kept them in the heat of battle and it is true; Owensboro has a lot of athelets on that football team. Of course, I don't know Joe Prince, I just thought that maybe someone else had the answers.

This will be OHS' 3rd Saturday game this season!? That's got to be a first for OHS football. They key for this one is for OHS to slow down Corey Farris. They won't stop him because he is that good, but I do think they will slow him down. Boone Co. primarily runs and then runs some more. That should play into OHS' hands. OHS meanwhile will be shorthanded without standout RB Yorel Shemwell for disciplinary reasons. With Yante' Williams emerging as a big play threat for the Red Devils, look for coach Prince to try and get the ball in his hands a lot vs. Boone on Saturday. Neil Johnston and Blake Roberts should hold down the D' nicely on Saturday for OHS.

OHS 17

Boone County 10

:fire:

Orca1, since you was at the Boone County, Eastern game in 2002, what can you tell me about Joe Prince offense than? I mean, was it good, bad, what?

MoR As I recall Eastern's offense was pretty good in 2002. They beat an undefeated Conner squad in the playoffs. The problem lied with the defense. Eastern led Boone 31-13 at HALF. Boone ended up winning. The irony is that Prince did not call the offense for Eastern, he called the defense. Boone had their way in the second half. Hope he studied some tape(for Owensboro's sake)

That's funny because he don't run the defense at Owensboro. Coach Delacey does. And let me say this: the defense is one of the best in state, led by linebackers Neil Johnston and Blake Roberts with a whole lot of help. Now, with that said, he does run the offense. Sounds like his offense today is like his defense was at Eastern.

Well Owensboro has been working a few things at practice and you do not want to show your whole hand until you are called. So far everyone has just been calling and nobody has went all in. I have seen several new things at practice the last few weeks that really looks good. I will not reveal them but when you go to the game and say where did that play come from well just remember I said it here. Owensboro has plenty of RBs so the lose of shemwell for a week will not be that big of a problem but I do not know much about Boone Co. except that have an exceptional runner and if they are one demensional they may be in trouble against the devils D. Owensboro shutdown Cole Lanham for DC and pretty much controlled that game and the Lanham kid is a very good QB so we will see if the D is up to a new challenge of stopping a runner. Oh and if anyone goes to the OHS home games could somebody tell the guy that stand on the top row by the press box and yells "Put Josh in!" Every play and tries to call plays from the stands to politely sit down and enjoy the game he really gets on my nerves!

Nope no relation! But I will tell you this, my son does play on the team and I go and watch practice some and I am just telling you that a good coach never shows his whole hand. All of these teams request film and you have to always change things up or you are too predictable. Right now in 5a I see about 5 teams with a shot Bowling Green, Highlands, John Hardin, Owensboro and Woodford I may throw in Anderson Co. As well because they have been winning though I do not know much about them. If Owensboro beats Hoptown if I am not mistaken the road to Papa Johns in the top bracket will come through Owensboro and home field means a bunch.