Owensboro at Boone Co predictions

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

I'm not sure how good Boones defense is, but, Owensboro relies on its defense and has an above average offense but, isn't great passing the ball. If Boone can open it up through the air some, they could come away with it, but, if they're 1 dimentional and only has a running game, then they could be in trouble...I think it'll be a pretty low scoring game that turnovers will play a big key...

Was at the Boone, Eastern playoff game(2002). I saw Boone come back from trailing by three touchdowns at halftime. Why is this relevent? Joe Prince was at Eastern then, Owensboro now. He better find a way to stop the run or Boone will bury Owensboro.(IMO) Boone's schedule much tougher so far. Boone 27-6

Well Owensboro will be at 100% on the defensive side of the ball and we should see what they can do against the run. They have been pretty good against the run except for the Christian Co. game and they a few defensive guys out. I am going to say if Owensboro can stop the run and Boone Co. has to start airing it out the red devils will be in the drivers seat because their secondary is quick to the ball when it is in the air and they force a lot of turnovers. With that said I am going to predict Owensboro being ready for this game and will show up to play and beat Boone Co. in a close 17-14 win with a game winner from super freshman kicker Trey Cain. But I can also see if Owensboro can not stop the run they will be in for a long night and it might be a long drive home for the devils.

This should be a good test for the Devils. Make no bones about it folks, Boone Co. has a pretty darn good football team this year. From what I hear back home they are one of the best teams in NKY and look to be tops in 6A in that area. I think the Devils D gives them a chance in any ballgame, but IMO it will be what the offense does that will determine whether the Devils come away with a W or an L. Looking forward to a great game......not so much looking forward to the drive.:devil:

I am hearing Yorel Shemwell will be out of this game for disciplinary reasons which if so will be a blow to the Owensboro offense but they do have some running backs that can step in, that not many people have heard of yet. One got some minutes last week and busted a big gainer for a TD in the Ohio Co. game. This really is not the game that Shemwell needed to bonehead something and get in trouble though.

Orca1, since you was at the Boone County, Eastern game in 2002, what can you tell me about Joe Prince offense than? I mean, was it good, bad, what?

Joe Prince is not a good offensive coach. He has really good athletes at OHS but his play calling is something to be desired. OHS scores alot on special teams and defensive turn overs. Take care of the ball and they have a hard time outscoring good teams.

Master you can probably disregard GREEN NATION's post he is a Owensboro Catholic person and is just jealous that we played them and never had to punt the ball and beat them easily. LOL just kidding GREEN! Good Luck to the Aces now that you guys can start playing in your district and not playing all the 5A and 6A schools. You know you have lost to 2 teams that are still undefeated in Evansville Reitz, in which they are just awesome that QB is going to be time and also The Red Devils who are also 5-0 well maybe until this weekend.