Somerset 41 Wayne Co 13

Jesse James

Wayne led 13-0. One of Waynes best defensive players ( Dobbs) got injured. There was a 10 minute or so delay and the momentum turned to Somerset. Cole is the real deal.

I thought the game turned when Wayne's coach decided to throw the ball deep in his own territory with a couple of minutes to go in the first half. They could probably have ran the clock down under a minute or forced Somerset to use their timeouts. Instead they gave the ball back to the Jumpers around midfield with too much time. I think it would have been big for Wayne to go in with the lead at the half. Wayne County has really improved their field over the last few years and it was a good atmosphere for a high school game.

Jumpers played a good three quarters tonight. 1st qtr they just couldn't get it going at all. Wayne Co RB is very quick and casued trouble on several occasions. Jumpers D really turned it on in the second half with really good play and pressure from the LB's especially Hughes. Cole and Hall both had nice games tonight as did Megargel on the D side of the ball. Good win Jumpers enjoy the Bye week.

I'd go with Wayne County between the two but it should be a good matchup. The home field might be enough for the Lions to win.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure if it matters, though. I can't see anyone in this district knocking off Somerset in the postseason. No matter who wins the Garrard/Wayne game, though, there will be a rematch on the opening week of the playoffs.

Jumper fans, you've seen Garrard and Wayne the last two weeks. Who would you pick to win their matchup? Its played in Lancaster on October 19.
I would pick Wayne Co. If Garrard comes out with the same enthusiasm as they did against the Jumpers, then they could get the W.