Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bardstown v. Washington County

Who Wins? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Bardstown
      87%
    • Washington County
      12%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

District opener for both schools. Very old rivalry. I hate the cliche, but Bardstown may be the best 1-3 team in the state. The opponents who beat them (Lincoln County, Warren East, and John Hardin) have a combined record of 11-1, and Bardstown had a chance to win in all 3 games. Line played much better versus J.H. and dictates how the team does.

 

Washington County is no slouch, either. They are 2-2, with losses to Marion Co. and Green Co., who are a combined 8-0, and wins over solid Garrard Co. and Larue Co teams. Commanders are a resurgent program who should not be overlooked.

 

Tigers will be inducting another Hall of Fame class in this one at halftime, including long-time Bardstown attorney and Tiger supporter, John Douglas Hubbard. Congrats, Doug.

 

Thoughts on this one?

I agree that WC is nothing to sneeze at! They are well coached and they have a very solid program. In the end, I think its the things you can't coach....like speed....that gets the tigers a much needed victory. :ylsuper:

I agree that WC is nothing to sneeze at! They are well coached and they have a very solid program. In the end, I think its the things you can't coach....like speed....that gets the tigers a much needed victory. :ylsuper:

 

I couldnt agree with you more EasyPro WC is a much improved team but from what i have been hearing the tigers are HUNGRY!!!!! i pick tigers in this one; blow out! A real knock out!!! :fight:

It all depends if they can slow down the bardstown rushing attack.

  • Author

Apparently I will get to come to this one. Have not seen Tigers since Lincoln County. How has the Tigers QB looked in the last two games? I will say when I saw the John Hardin score I was surprised the Tigers kept it so close and had a chance to win. A friend at work here has a nephew playing for Washington County and says the Commanders have come a long way, but have trouble tackling.

It has been a long time since WC has came to Bardstown and won. I don't see things changing from what I hear. I would love to see Bardstown have 0 turnovers and another back besides Scott rush for 100 this week.

With Beuter out, Bardstown rolls.

Apparently I will get to come to this one. Have not seen Tigers since Lincoln County. How has the Tigers QB looked in the last two games? I will say when I saw the John Hardin score I was surprised the Tigers kept it so close and had a chance to win. A friend at work here has a nephew playing for Washington County and says the Commanders have come a long way, but have trouble tackling.

Tackling is definitely the wrong problem to have against the Tigers.

On a positive note, Bardstown is ranked 2nd in the 2A Litkenhaus ratings.

Tigers Win. Go Tigers!!!

With Beuter out, Bardstown rolls.

 

What is the nature of his injury?

I figure that Kelvin Scott will rush for 312 yards and 4 TD's. I don't think that Washington Co. can slow down his speed or the Bardstown rushing attack.

What is the nature of his injury?

 

I heard from a very reliable source that Bueter possibly tore every major ligament in his knee.

WC has made so big improvements in the last few years. Coach Perry needs a big win to propel the program to the next level. This may be the game to do it. GO COMMANDERS!!!!!!!!!!

I figure that Kelvin Scott will rush for 312 yards and 4 TD's. I don't think that Washington Co. can slow down his speed or the Bardstown rushing attack.

 

Washington County really struggled stopping the run against Garrard County in the opener. Bardstown should win this one, perhaps easier than most would expect.

Hearsay,

 

Who else is being inducted?

 

 

Oh, BTW, I figure BHS will win this one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.