Is it time to consider LCA one of the favorites for 1A?

Lots of people have thoughts of Beechwood and Mayfield being the favorites in 1A this year.

Is it time to consider LCA as a legit contender for the crown?

Consider that LCA bounced Beechwood two years ago and last year lost to a pretty decent Raceland team in the playoffs.

This year you got to figure if they can play their A game (as in scoring 38 unanswered at Lloyd) and somehow sustain that for an entire game (instead of what happened at Lloyd) then they might be able to beat anyone in 1A.

What say you?

I believe that LCA should be in the talk for the 1A title once the postseason rolls around...I believe that all 1A teams should wait until the end of the regular season and that start of postseason to talk about being a 1A title contender...and I say that because with the size of most 1A teams one or two key injuries and it puts your season into serious jeopardy. But IF all teams are healthy heading into postseason I feel like there are a handful of teams that have a legit shot including Beechwood, Mayfield, LCA, Pikeville and Frankfort to take home the title in Class A.

I was at the Lloyd- LCA game. Right now I would rate LCA ahead of Beechwood. BHS is a power runing team. The only player with a lot of speed is their Q-back. They have a very good defense. This reply is coming from a Beechwood fan of 20 years. I look for BHS to improve by championship time.

I was at the Lloyd- LCA game. Right now I would rate LCA ahead of Beechwood. BHS is a power runing team. The only player with a lot of speed is their Q-back. They have a very good defense. This reply is coming from a Beechwood fan of 20 years. I look for BHS to improve by championship time.

Wow....

I believe that LCA should be in the talk for the 1A title once the postseason rolls around...I believe that all 1A teams should wait until the end of the regular season and that start of postseason to talk about being a 1A title contender...and I say that because with the size of most 1A teams one or two key injuries and it puts your season into serious jeopardy. But IF all teams are healthy heading into postseason I feel like there are a handful of teams that have a legit shot including Beechwood, Mayfield, LCA, Pikeville and Frankfort to take home the title in Class A.

I agree with that. LCA's QB was out for the 3rd Qtr., and the backup (simply because he was inexperienced) threw 2 ints. & fumbled once. That kind of loss can truly affect a 1A team.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind Frankfort dominated LCA in a preseason scrimmage. Although it was a scrimmage, it was a game like style scrimmage minus special teams, which could have made the game a whole lot worse than it was. I think Frankfort ended up winning this one by about 30 or 35. I will give LCA's #30 credit though, he is a hard runner.

Could we possibly see a Frankfort/LCA rematch on the carpet in December???

Keep in mind Frankfort dominated LCA in a preseason scrimmage. Although it was a scrimmage, it was a game like style scrimmage minus special teams, which could have made the game a whole lot worse than it was. I think Frankfort ended up winning this one by about 30 or 35. I will give LCA's #30 credit though, he is a hard runner.

Could we possibly see a Frankfort/LCA rematch on the carpet in December???

While my heart would like to see it, and I am pulling for it, I am sure that the team is taking it one game at a time.

LCA's defense has improved quite a bit since the pre-season, but good enough? We shall see. I know that coach Rains will shape them up as good as they can possibly be.

After seeing what Corbin did to LCA, I think Mayfield and Beechwood are still 1 and 1A.

But Beechwood's loss to Covcath (granted CovCath will only win 3 games but they are still a good team that is improving) at least shows that there is still no run-away team at this point in 1A.

It will be interesting to see what Beechwood does with all their injuries against Prestonburg. Win handily and they make a strong statement. Lose and maybe the pack tightens even more.

I don't think that LCA could be considered "THE favorite" in 1A but I do believe that they belong in the conversation when top 1A teams are discussed. I really think that they can and will make a run to Papa Johns this season and will meet a proven favorite in a Beechwood team.

Welcome to BGP Red Dog. :thumb:

I don't think that LCA could be considered "THE favorite" in 1A but I do believe that they belong in the conversation when top 1A teams are discussed. I really think that they can and will make a run to Papa Johns this season and will meet a proven favorite in a Beechwood team.

SO rambler you dont think Mayfield can take down Beechwood?

SO rambler you dont think Mayfield can take down Beechwood?

I honestly do not know, I haven't seen or heard much on Mayfield other than they do have a traditionally strong program. I am more familiar with Beechwood. That imo is due to me being in te NEKY part of the state and don't hear a lot about the western teams. I have said many times that Raceland (my team of choice) has been beaten by Beechwood so many times that we could have Budweiser as a sponsor...........we are Beechwood aged :eek::lol:.

I did not mean to discredit Mayfield at all as I know that they are very good as well. Good luck you and Mayfield.:thumb:

I honestly do not know, I haven't seen or heard much on Mayfield other than they do have a traditionally strong program. I am more familiar with Beechwood. That imo is due to me being in te NEKY part of the state and don't hear a lot about the western teams. I have said many times that Raceland (my team of choice) has been beaten by Beechwood so many times that we could have Budweiser as a sponsor...........we are Beechwood aged :eek::lol:.

I did not mean to discredit Mayfield at all as I know that they are very good as well. Good luck you and Mayfield.:thumb:

No worries, beechwwod aged is :lol:

LCA has to be considered a contender. From what I am told way down south here, they have a cake walk to the Pizza Palace. BHS, Frankfort and Mayfield have to beat up each other to get there, right?

As I know the BHS bunch does not like losing, they know that the CCH lose and possibly a Prestonsburg lose mean absolutely nothing on their quest to win another state title. Those games are great for learning for all involve, coaches and players.