Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central vs Wheelersburg, OH Predictions

Who wins? 82 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Johnson Central
      79%
    • Wheelersburg, OH
      20%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Whellersburg, like Ironton, normally has a 300lb fulback, and he will run dives and blast with the tailback, all inside the tackles. Occasionally, they will throw in a sweep, and pass the ball about four times a game. That was their game plan over the last several years.

Actually Wheelersburg now runs more of spread offense with alot of misdirection. If I had to compare it to something it would WVU's offense. They are pretty small but very fast on the line.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Wheelersburg now runs more of spread offense with alot of misdirection. If I had to compare it to something it would WVU's offense. They are pretty small but very fast on the line.

 

Thanks, for the info. I wasn't sure if they changed their offense or not. I heard they were not to big, but fast and strong. Should be an interesting game.

This will be JC biggest test so far, and maybe in the entire regular season.Johnson Central 21

Wheelersburg 14

 

Wheelersburg is a traditional strong small Ohio school. And this year they are stronger then usual. I have heard that they are strong and fast. They are always well coached and do the basic things very well. They will probably not be very fancy, but they will be good at what they do.

 

I hope JC wins, but it will be a war, and JC will have to play strong and not make very many mistakes, IE: penalties and turnovers.

With Louisville Central and Belfry still left on the schedule for JC, I kind of doubt that.
Thanks, for the info. I wasn't sure if they changed their offense or not. I heard they were not to big, but fast and strong. Should be an interesting game.

No problem. I have some buddies from Wheelersburg. I'll get the scoop on the feelings over there this week. This should be a very entertaining game.

With Louisville Central and Belfry still left on the schedule for JC, I kind of doubt that.

Maybe, maybe not. I've been wrong before, I'm just saying that Wheelersburg will be a very good team, they normally are.

No problem. I have some buddies from Wheelersburg. I'll get the scoop on the feelings over there this week. This should be a very entertaining game.

I would say that you are right, this would be a very good game to watch. Is your buddy MS?

Maybe, maybe not. I've been wrong before, I'm just saying that Wheelersburg will be a very good team, they normally are.

 

I would say that you are right, this would be a very good game to watch. Is your buddy MS?

Actually it would be DS.

Actually it would be DS.

 

OK, I though you might be talking about MS, I think his son is playing, is he not.

I have heard the QB Spradlin for Wheelersburg is pretty good. Runs the offense very well.

Wheelersburg runs a spread style offense out of mostly a pro-set. Against Ironton they threw the ball a good bit (probably more than they run it). They had 3 and 4 receiver split most of the night. They looked to be a little undersized, but extremely quick and hardnosed. They have a potential D-1 quarterback that is very similar to Ratliff in size and arm strength. They have a nice looking RB that transfered from Ironton that is a really good runner. Overall I think Johnson Central may be a little better, but they've definately not played really well yet this season.

 

This game is a toss-up.

This past Friday night Wburg passed the ball alot. They couldn't get anything going on the ground. Portsmouth beat them with about 10 seconds on the clock. Bad quaterback and center exchange. 27-20

I think this will be the best game in the area this week.

Raceland/Fairview has to be up there as well if this OUT of state opponent is the best in the area.

This game may be the exception to the usual rule that the Ohio teams generally are better football teams than ours on this side of the river. I'll take JCHS by 13.

  • Author
Wheelersburg runs a spread style offense out of mostly a pro-set. Against Ironton they threw the ball a good bit (probably more than they run it). They had 3 and 4 receiver split most of the night. They looked to be a little undersized, but extremely quick and hardnosed. They have a potential D-1 quarterback that is very similar to Ratliff in size and arm strength. They have a nice looking RB that transfered from Ironton that is a really good runner. Overall I think Johnson Central may be a little better, but they've definately not played really well yet this season.

 

This game is a toss-up.

 

Your right. The Eagles have yet to put together a solid all around game. The defense for the most part has been solid, particularly the run. But the Offensive line, although it has continued to improve week to week, still seems to be lagging behind a little bit. Coach Burchett will have to coach his young line very well this week to make sure that they take advantages of angles and fundementals which help take away a defenses speed. I still like JC in this one, but it could be a tough one on the road. Its good for JC to have early season test as this one cause it lets you know where you need to improve before the playoffs.

Your right. The Eagles have yet to put together a solid all around game. The defense for the most part has been solid, particularly the run. But the Offensive line, although it has continued to improve week to week, still seems to be lagging behind a little bit. Coach Burchett will have to coach his young line very well this week to make sure that they take advantages of angles and fundementals which help take away a defenses speed. I still like JC in this one, but it could be a tough one on the road. Its good for JC to have early season test as this one cause it lets you know where you need to improve before the playoffs.

Couldn't agree with you more JC Alumni 76. :thumb: I really thought the weak regular season schedule hurt us last year in not having us prepared to face a team like CovCath in the playoffs. Not saying any of the teams on JC's reg. season schedule this year is as good as the CovCath team from last year but with the addition of this game, Lou. Central, and Belfry hopeful it will prepare us more in getting ready for a deep playoff run this year.

Wheelersburg, is a small school in Ohio if I am not mistaken they probably have around half the students as JC.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.