Lex Cath vs. Cincinnati Colerain (Freshman) Thursday

Covercorner

You are right! Catholics varsity does not run out of the I-formation. The middle school team has won something like 30 straight games with their power running style. They throw less than 10 passes a game, but have had lots of success.

"Covercorner" needs to go to a game and see how different (yet ultra successful) the middle school offense is than the varsity at Lexington Catholic.

I think Covercorner is correct on this one. I saw the Catholic vs Scott County game and I think Catholic scored 3 or 4 TDs out of the I or an off-set I formation.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a follow up, here is a great recap from a Colerain fan who was at the game:

The Cards fell to Lexington tonight by a score of 26-21. The Cards let them have this one with sloppy play. Colerain should have won this game easy but penalties and turnovers killed them.

The Cards took an early 14-3 lead but fumbles kept Lexington in the game. Late in the game it was 21-20 Colerain and it looked as if Lexington was about to put it away with a field goal, but the Colerain defender blocked it on a big play. Colerain tried to run the clock but were stopped after a few plays when Colerain fumbled. This set up Lexington in good position and they scored on a pass play. Lexington went for 2 and were denied. There was about a minute left and there was still hope. Tyler Williams took the KO to the Lexington 40 but the Colerain QB was intercepted on the next play, sealing the win.

Some thoughts:

-Lexington's kicker was real good. He can really kick for a freshman.

-TYLER WILLIAMS IS A BEAST. There's no doubt he was player of the game, making huge plays on offense and defense. This kid will be huge for Colerain the next 3 years.

-Colerain's FB looked pretty good. He was pretty big for a freshman and got 4-5 yards a carry in addition to some bigger ones. He just needs to hold on to the ball.

-Colerain DLineman 69 is a monster. He needs to turn fat into muscle and he'll be great.

Overall, Colerain looked good. I can't wait to see how they grow over the next few years, especially Williams.

Congrats to Lex Cath on a great win! I agree with the Colerain fan's comment about Lex Cath's kicker...he booted the ball high and deep into the end zone on his two kicks against Lou. St.X.

Nice win LC! Kudos to our friends to the east!

Couple of things about the game ...

*Lexington Catholic played very well

*Lex Cath's kicker is incredible ...

*7 Starters were out for Colerain ...

*#5 For Lex Cath is huge, and catches everything

*Tyler Williams for Colerain is a BEAST

In all a very good game to watch.....