Henry Clay 47 Boyle Co 43

Admiral

Wow, what a great game. Boyle finally seemed to pull it together in the 4th quarter and showed flashes of a really good football team. I've never seen a game end with more up and down moments, or a 5 minute break to change 1 second on a scoreboard. Wow, definitely a classic.

I have a question for anybody who was in attendance at the game or to any Henry Clay fans. Did Coach Simpson put in his second string at the start of the fourth quarter while ahead 40 - 14, and things simply got out of control as Boyle County started to roll? Could the come back have been avoided with better coaching?

I have a question for anybody who was in attendance at the game or to any Henry Clay fans. Did Coach Simpson put in his second string at the start of the fourth quarter while ahead 40 - 14, and things simply got out of control as Boyle County started to roll? Could the come back have been avoided with better coaching?

No second string.

Boyle got back in the game by fighting and never giving up.

If HC did not put in its second string, then Boyle almost had its story book finish. Sorry to hear that BC came up short. The lack of Henry Clay's defense will keep them from being an authentic contender again this year. I would love to have the talent that is in the halls of Henry Clay and form them into a cohesive unit - it takes discipline and execution, but Henry Clay always stays with a few talented players to keep them 'competive', but without real leadership, they will fall short year in and year out.

As odd as it sounds, Boyle might very well be 5-5 at the end of the regular season but a serious threat in the playoffs. I hope the players realize the magnitude of the schedule they're up against and how this will make them a better 4A team come playoff time if they keep their heads and morale up.

I tend to think 7-3 or 6-4 myself(If HC is the best or 2nd best team in Lex, I like BC's chances vs. Lafayette and Dunbar). With the new classification system and the fact that BC is in a 4 team district, the regular season is practice for what will be a greatly anticipated match vs. LexCath in the 2nd round in the playoffs. Not that I'm looking ahead or anything.:D

This turned out to be one of the best games I have seen in quite a whille. What a finish! Yeah, too bad the Rebels fought all the way back and had the momentum that was certainly going to finish off the Blue Devils, when in my opinion the Refs took over. Henry Cllay with no timeouts left and 31.9 seconds left on the clock took 5 minutes or more to have the clock changed to 33.9 seconds. This allowed the Blue Devils some much needed rest, a chance to regroup and set up the game winner to their Mr. Football candidate It's always easy to blame things on the Refs though. So with that said, the Rebs just need to put it all together for 4 quarters. Congrats to HC and great job Rebels. Kepp your head up. More big games to come.