Ashland / Pikeville updates.....

Wow!!! Would be weird seeing Ashland start out 0-2, let along 0-2 with both losses coming to 1A schools.

Then you have; Ironton, OH, Russell, and a good looking Montgomery County for the next 3 games. If the Tomcats don't step up 0 - 5 could be in their forcast. :eek:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Hart for Ashland said on his pregame talk that teams make "major strides" between games 1 and 2. So what do you think he is meaning when his team is playing worse in game 2?

Well you do have to consider... Pikeville may very well be a better team than Raceland. the Panthers are verye xperienced at the skill positions and the speed advantgaes Ashland enjoys over most 1A teams won't happen against a very athletic Pikeville team.

Well you do have to consider... Pikeville may very well be a better team than Raceland. the Panthers are verye xperienced at the skill positions and the speed advantgaes Ashland enjoys over most 1A teams won't happen against a very athletic Pikeville team.

I knew Pikeville was good at the skilled positions, but I wouldn't have put them ahead of Raceland. I'm not disputing what you just said, I just wasn't aware of that.

I knew Pikeville was good at the skilled positions, but I wouldn't have put them ahead of Raceland. I'm not disputing what you just said, I just wasn't aware of that.

Pikeville's weakness is their line... they returned the Honakers and Harmon from last year,,, a abckfield that put up big numers as it was... add in the emergence of Chaz Jackson, the addition of Watson Ritchie at TE, and the addition of the big Baker kid at SE and the Panthers can match any 1A team in the state at the skill spots...