2007/2008 Ludlow

I think they lost two seniors. I may be wrong, but I know the Poe kid is out and I thought there was another. Coach Highfield will have the Panthers competing for another DIII crown this season. Returning key players in Rouse and Gere (sp?) will be a tremendous factor when games are on the line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would consider their biggest threat to be the inside outside combo of Rouse/Williamson. Williamson has some pretty big ups and gets of the ground quick...

I was under the impression that Gier was the biggest inside threat. Is this wrong? I thought Williamson was more of a perimeter player.

I was under the impression that Gier was the biggest inside threat. Is this wrong? I thought Williamson was more of a perimeter player.

Williamson is more of a drive to the basket player that can shoot the three. But the Panthers would rather leave that to Rouse and Trammel. Gier is their strongest inside threat. Good hops and nice timing on shot blocking. :thumb:

How's Rouse's injury? Will he be OK for the Hoops' season?

Rouse's broken wrist is healing about on schedule the doc. said 10 weeks and i believe he gets it off on the 26th or 27th. Which is right at 10 weeks. Ludlows first game is the 27th. So he'll miss 2-3 games at most. Hopefully. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

The Panthers should be a fun team to watch this year from what a few have told me. I saw Williamson play twice last year and I believe if he keeps his head on straight and he gets the ball he could be a Top 10 Player in the 9th Region. From what I remember he will have a nice supporting cast that should run the floor well. If allowed to play the way some think they can they could be a surprise team especially in a weak 34th District.