Holy Cross at Holmes predictions

Who wins the game?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

No way. People are underestimating Dayton tremendously. IMO, Dayton is just as good as HC, Scott, Simon and Lloyd...

Dayton has the capability to be a power in 1A I agree. They have always had decent talent in the feeder system. Since they hired Lickert things started turning around. Even though he's gone his system and coaches are still in place. Dayton is still improving and growing as a team. Another win this week may start to bring a few more people around to our way of thinking.:D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this been Week 1, I would have chosen the dogs all the way, but after hearing about their head-on collison against Dayton, HC has my vote. Who's taking snaps for HC these days?

He is a transfer from New Richmond Ohio were his dad used to coach he has been reccruited by some D-1 colleges i think his name is Cody Reardon but not for sure.

Dayton has the capability to be a power in 1A I agree. They have always had decent talent in the feeder system. Since they hired Lickert things started turning around. Even though he's gone his system and coaches are still in place. Dayton is still improving and growing as a team. Another win this week may start to bring a few more people around to our way of thinking.:D

:thumb: :ylsuper: :jump:

I think Holmes will win this one just because of the speed they have along with there ability to stop the pass, which seems to be the only thing HC has going for them on O'

I could not agree with you more stickymitts, Dayton has a good team.

It's apparent you don't know anything about HC. If they stop the pass, HC has Moore, Walker, Darpel, and James that are run the ball quit well. And if the stop the run, you have M. Walker and West who are good receivers. So....Holmes is going to have to pick their poison. IMO, Holmes is not skilled enough to stop both.

Dayton has the capability to be a power in 1A I agree. .:D

To be a power in 1A? I dont agree with that, to be a good team yes! Dayton, Ludlow and Bellevue are all the same. Every know and then each school gets a very good class or two together who all stayed together and decided not to switch schools, and we usually see the teams be successful for 1 to 2 year period, and then have an off year or two. It was the same way with Ludlow and Mike Lewis and their class, same way with Lincoln Adams and his class, and probably will be the same way with this Dayton group. Because isn't this Dayton group a bunch of seniors? So next year they probably will have a down year. A team who would be a power doesn't really have down years they just reload, and do you honestly think Dayton will be like that? For small schools like those three it is ALMOST impossible to stay very good every year because you always have kids who switch schools on you before they get to high school. Or just kids who live in your area but never go to your school. The only schools that seem to be good on a consistent basis is the schools who usually get kids to play for them from out of district, or their parents change their address to the districts so their kids could go to the beechwoods, CovCaths, etc. Holy Cross also would be in the same boat as Ludlow, Bellevue, and Dayton but they are at advantage and why their program got better so quick and that was because of kids from out of district like Cincinnati since their a private school. Its pretty easy to see the top schools usually are the schools who usually have alot of kids deciding to switch there for high school. With the way parents are today and how they would take their kids out of schools and send them to other schools like Beechwood, Holy Cross, Cov Cath, you really are never going to see small public schools be able to get up and stay up at the top and be a power...

Sorry I know that was way off topic from this game, but I just needed to get that out...:D