Calloway/Heath Scrimmage

The Calloway/Christian CO. scrimmage was cancelled on thursday, but they ended up having it the next night( a week ago friday).

I heard that they cancelled even the Friday night game. If they didn't, how did that scrimmage go?

Calloway held their own 1st team vs 1 st team early with each team scoring twice( Willis had a 60+ yard run). Calloway took starters out early and it showed as Christian pulled away. All in all though, I thought Calloway was very respectable. Although there were no punts or kickoffs and I feel that giving Christian county's speed players the ball in the open field would have made a difference in a real game.

Calloway-Heath scrimmage uneventful on both sides. Travis did look good with every defender keying on Willis. Willis did not have a great game but will have a great year. Remember he's only a sophomore and is still learning. Travis turned an ankle but will definitely be playing Friday night vs. Murray. CC showed they have plenty of ground and passing weapons to keep defenses honest. The Calloway-Christian game was tied varsity at three scores each a week earlier.