Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calloway/Heath Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Pretty boring scrimmage. Both teams have a lot of tweaks to work out. Nothing special was done and the score after half time was 14-13 Heath. It was so boring I left early. The Willis kid that is "so good" didnt do much of anything tonight. I'm intrested in seeing if either teams do much of anything this season.

Pretty boring scrimmage. Both teams have a lot of tweaks to work out. Nothing special was done and the score after half time was 14-13 Heath. It was so boring I left early. The Willis kid that is "so good" didnt do much of anything tonight. I'm intrested in seeing if either teams do much of anything this season.

 

When you say Willis kid, are you talking about the soph kid from Calloway? Whats your opinion of Heath at this point? I haven't heard much of anything from them on here and Mayfield has them in their season opener this coming Friday. What about the tailback that Heath has that rushed for over 2000 yards last season? I don't follow baseball, but they said he would or would not be able to play if the team advanced to the legion world series.

I figured that Heath would look sluggish as their star running back Chad Wright is still playing baseball for Paducah's American Legion team as well as some other kids that start on the football team. Wright had over 2,000 yards rushing last year is a legitimate threat in the backfield...so Heath will be vastly different that what was seen Friday night...at least IMO.

 

Kinda shocked by the assessment of Calloway county as this was supposed to be their best team in a long time over there in Laker territory.

  • Author

No I do not think it will even be close to bieng the best team they have had. They graduated a huge senior class that had a lot of speed. The team only has about 35 kids on the team, they have some really bad numbers. The offenive line is also not very impressive. they did have one good pass play that went for a Td. Heaths secondary completly jumped the run and left garner wide open on the sideline.

  • Author

Heath had a lot of tackling issues, and w/ the o-line. They do have a little speed with their QB and the guy they had running the ball last night. And yes i'm talking about Tyrell Willis who is a sophmore. He did not do much at all last night. I know they open against Murray next week. That will be a big test for them.

Yea I agree.. I dont know why everybody is so estatic about Willis. Murray has a runningback, Jamie King, that is very allusive and amazing vision. He may not have the size of Willis but he will deffinatly lower his shoulder and get in the endzone. Murray has a new system that will allow all their players to shine.

The thing about Tyrell is that no one has that kind of size at running back on this side of the state. He will not get the bulk of the carries, but I assure you that he can play. I did not watch much of the scrimmage, but I don't think that he got the ball very much. This is not an accident. I think he only carried the ball 3 or 4 times against Christian County last week. One of them being a 70+ yard run. His touches will be limited again this year, with calloway still having Sr rb #1 trey travis ( a small, shifty back). But when the game is on the line and, a play has to be made i would expect #31 to touch the ball.

I figured that Heath would look sluggish as their star running back Chad Wright is still playing baseball for Paducah's American Legion team as well as some other kids that start on the football team. Wright had over 2,000 yards rushing last year is a legitimate threat in the backfield...so Heath will be vastly different that what was seen Friday night...at least IMO.
Wright, I believe, is the only Heath football player on Paducah's Legion team. He is a huge loss, but he is the only one.
The thing about Tyrell is that no one has that kind of size at running back on this side of the state. He will not get the bulk of the carries, but I assure you that he can play. I did not watch much of the scrimmage, but I don't think that he got the ball very much. This is not an accident. I think he only carried the ball 3 or 4 times against Christian County last week. One of them being a 70+ yard run. His touches will be limited again this year, with calloway still having Sr rb #1 trey travis ( a small, shifty back). But when the game is on the line and, a play has to be made i would expect #31 to touch the ball.

 

I thought that the Calloway/Christian scrimmage was cancelled last week??

Wright, I believe, is the only Heath football player on Paducah's Legion team. He is a huge loss, but he is the only one.

 

I thought so too until I interviewed Coach Edwards for Heath last week who said he had two other kids besides Wright that was on the legion team

  • Author
The thing about Tyrell is that no one has that kind of size at running back on this side of the state. He will not get the bulk of the carries, but I assure you that he can play. I did not watch much of the scrimmage, but I don't think that he got the ball very much. This is not an accident. I think he only carried the ball 3 or 4 times against Christian County last week. One of them being a 70+ yard run. His touches will be limited again this year, with calloway still having Sr rb #1 trey travis ( a small, shifty back). But when the game is on the line and, a play has to be made i would expect #31 to touch the ball.

 

He is talented with some size no doubt.But i dont know if he can go two ways for very long and be effective. But he will have some big plays this year.

I have heard that Trey Travis for Calloway hurt his ankle in the scrimmage friday leaving him out of the game against Murray. This is very bad news for Calloway having Willis play both sides with no rest. From what i saw at the Heath scrimmage he was very tired and worn out after playing just defense. Should be intresting to see what happens.

I thought that the Calloway/Christian scrimmage was cancelled last week??

The Calloway/Christian CO. scrimmage was cancelled on thursday, but they ended up having it the next night( a week ago friday).

I have heard that Trey Travis for Calloway hurt his ankle in the scrimmage friday leaving him out of the game against Murray. This is very bad news for Calloway having Willis play both sides with no rest. From what i saw at the Heath scrimmage he was very tired and worn out after playing just defense. Should be intresting to see what happens.

 

I have heard that Trey Travis did hurt his ankle, but I have not heard that he was out for friday's game. It will be interesting to see if he plays, I still like calloway in the game, even if Trey does not play. Willis getting the ball more will not hurt calloway, although, he does need to be able to play hard on both sides of the ball. Calloway also has another capable back to take some of the load off of willis if need be. Jordan Bumpus is a nice 3rd string back.

I thought so too until I interviewed Coach Edwards for Heath last week who said he had two other kids besides Wright that was on the legion team
The only current Heath students on the Legion team are Wright, Eric Warren and Brett Williams. Warren and Williams, as far as I know, don't play football and haven't played it before.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.