Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEKC Grid: Predictions

Featured Replies

Harlan v.s. Willamsburgh, Bell Co. v.s. Evarts. One really good match up, and one that looks like it could be a disaster. Please post your predictions for both games.:D

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What night as these scrimmages?

 

Harlan 14

WHS 6

 

Bell 26

Evarts 0

When and where are these scrimmages being played?

When and where are these scrimmages being played?

Evarts Friday night

Harlan 20

Williamsburgh 12

 

Bell 30

Evarts 6

but it could be about 50-0 if they wanted it to be. I like these set-ups, but I don't see what Bell really benefits from this, or Evarts for that matter. Not putting Evarts down, but IMHO, these are programs that are on two very different levels.

Picking scores of scrimmages is almost impossible, but I'll try. Harlan 14-12, Middlesboro over Cumberland 22-14 and Bell 22-6.

 

Bell often plays a Class A school in the SEKC scrimmages (Cumberland, Harlan) and it hasn't hurt them too bad or the schools they play. Most of the scrimmages have been fairly close. Dudley is extremely conservative in scrimmages and isn't worried about blowing anyone out.

SEKC is a joke. I compliment Evarts for even playing Bell. If the SEKC wants to be taken serious they should make M'boro, Corbin and even Clay play Bell. How can you have a SEKC champ if the biggest schools in the Conference don't play.

 

 

Back to the Topic Harlan over W'burg.

Bell over Evarts.

SEKC is a joke. I compliment Evarts for even playing Bell. If the SEKC wants to be taken serious they should make M'boro, Corbin and even Clay play Bell. How can you have a SEKC champ if the biggest schools in the Conference don't play.

 

 

I doubt the SEKC is concerned about being taken seriously. Member schools play in 5 different classes and there is no way they can play a round robin schedule around their district schedules. The conference is just an excuse to have a nice dinner at the end of the season and honor some kids for their efforts with All-conference designations. It is what it is and the districts are what really matters.

I doubt the SEKC is concerned about being taken seriously. Member schools play in 5 different classes and there is no way they can play a round robin schedule around their district schedules. The conference is just an excuse to have a nice dinner at the end of the season and honor some kids for their efforts with All-conference designations. It is what it is and the districts are what really matters.

 

 

Yes but why do they attempt to name a Conference champ if nobody plays each other. I think they need to do away with the championship and just stick to the awards and dinner at the end.

Yes but why do they attempt to name a Conference champ if nobody plays each other. I think they need to do away with the championship and just stick to the awards and dinner at the end.

 

You're right, it really just doesn't matter. I doubt that outside of the coaches and perhaps the team that actually won it that anyone could even name who the SEKC champ was two years ago. But the banquet is nice.

You're right, it really just doesn't matter. I doubt that outside of the coaches and perhaps the team that actually won it that anyone could even name who the SEKC champ was two years ago. But the banquet is nice.

I agree. It gives some of the standout kids in these schools a chance for some special recognition. I may agree about the championship part though.

Harlan 21 Williamsburg 12

Bell Co. 28 Evarts 0

Harlan 34 W'burg 12

Harlan is fairly loaded, W'burg is fairly young and inexperienced in their skill positions.

 

Bell 42 Evarts 14

Bell is Bell, Evarts is Evarts and the Wildcats will have some trouble stopping the Bobcats from doing anything they want.

What time is the first game??

Games start at 6 pm. Harlan/Burg is 2nd game. I'm not sure which game is 1st or 3rd. Be safe if you come

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.