I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry

Sportz Addict

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think that Chuck and Larry was a very good movie. I thought the funny scenes were kind of forced and it wasn't a very effective comedy. I think they tried too hard to not offend anyone (accept for the new enemy - religous conservatives) that the final product was just not that good. Since Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore over ten years ago Sandler's movies just aren't as funny these days. He has tried to go the romantic comedy route (50 First Dates, the Wedding Singer) and he has tried the serious route (Punch Drunk Love, Reign Over Me), but for the most part his movies seem to have lost their comedic edge. Click was fairly good. The Longest Yard was decent. But, how many quoteable lines will you hear people repeating from Chuck and Larry? Not many. I just thought the movie ended up being a little too preachy. I think that the funniest movie to come out of Sandler's camp in years was Grandma's Boy which his production company cranked out. Why Sandler didn't play the lead in that movie I will never know.

:thumb: Much Agreed that Jessica Biehl is one of the most attractive attresses out today. If you guys haven't seen it, she is in Next with Nicholas Cage. Not a bad movie. Very underrated if you like good sci fi...

Another point about this movie. I saw it on opening weekend in a fairly large packed movie theatre in NKY. Not many laughs during the film. After the showing I was waiting outside while people were filing out and the people didn't sound like they were overly happy with it...