Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tates Creek Coaching Change

Featured Replies

After making it to the 11th Region Finals in 2006-07, Coach Jo Pat Covington has decided to hang up his whistle. Good luck to Jo Pat in coming back home to Scott Co. as an assistant principal.

 

Here is the story from 27 Newsfirst.

Tates Creek, Harrison Co. have new coaches

Earlier this week, Harrison Co. approved the hiring of Mike Reitz, who will replace Lee Kendall, as its boys’ basketball coach.

 

Reitz’s hiring marks his return to the hilltop, where he was coach from 1988 to 2001. Reitz left Harrison Co. to coach at Clark Co. For the past three seasons he has been the head coach at Campbell Co.

 

Tates Creek coach Joe Pat Covington resigned earlier this week after accepting a position at Scott Co. Covington, a Georgetown native, will be an associate principal at Scott Co. High School.

 

Covington has been on the Tates Creek sidelines for the past 14 years. He’s been the Commodores’ head coach since 1999.

 

Covington led Tates Creek to the finals of the 11th Region tournament last year, losing to eventual state champion Scott Co.

 

Tates Creek athletic director Joe Ruddell says assistant Eric Williams will take over on an interim basis.

 

Coach Williams has done a great job as the assistant coach - and did most of the bench coaching in Tates Creek's summer games. He'll have a nice team to work with this year.

Can he coach as a principal, or will he only be a principal?

 

 

Principal's can not coach athletics in high school, but an assistant principal can. Coach Covington will be the assistant principal at SC, so he could coach if asked.

  • Author
Principal's can not coach athletics in high school, but an assistant principal can. Coach Covington will be the assistant principal at SC, so he could coach if asked.

 

 

I believe it's district policy that administrators are not allowed to coach in Scott Co. My guess is that Jo Pat will be so busy with administrative duties that he wouldn't have time to coach even if he wanted to.

I believe it's district policy that administrators are not allowed to coach in Scott Co. My guess is that Jo Pat will be so busy with administrative duties that he wouldn't have time to coach even if he wanted to.

 

 

Thanks.....I did not know that about Scott Co. I was referring to policy in northern kentucky.

Coach Covington, is first class. I wish him the best.

Coach Covington, is first class. I wish him the best.

 

 

 

I agree. A good coach, but an even better person

Coach Covington, is first class. I wish him the best.
I've had the distinct pleasure of meeting and talking to him and I agree 100%!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.