Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AAU Varisty State Tourney

Featured Replies

The varisty state tournament starts this Thursday at the KBA in Lexington. It is usually a really good event. Anyone have any predictions? Looks to be several good teams going to be there. Should be a excellent weekend of basketball. Go to to see the pools and brackets.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bluegrass Championship will be starting in Frankfort on Thursday as well. Should be some good basketball going on in Central KY this week.

The Bluegrass Championship will be starting in Frankfort on Thursday as well. Should be some good basketball going on in Central KY this week.

What teams are in this tournament?

What teams are in this tournament?

Mason County is but they wont have Darius Miller.

Anyone have any predictions?

I look for Montgomery Co., Elliott Co., andScott Co. to have good showings.

  • Author

Boone County will make some noise.

Pools:

 

Pool 1 Scott County, Middlesboro, St. Patrick, Rockcastle County

 

Pool 2 June Buchanan, Montgomery County, Owen County, Lynn Camp

 

Pool 3 Tates Creek , Southwestern, Russell, South Laurel

 

Pool 4 Elliott County, Jackson County, Sayre, Cumberland

 

Pool 5 Somerset, Hazard, KY Homeschoolers, Cawood

 

Pool 6 Breathitt County, Franklin Simpson, East Jessamine, Red Bird

 

Pool 7 Clay County, LCA, Buckhorn, Monticello

 

Pool 8 Pineville, Butler, Wayne County, Oneida Baptist

 

Pool 9 Boone County, Knox Central , Cordia, Boyle County

 

I think the top teams are Scott County, June Buchanon, Elliot County and Boone County. Scott County is the clear favorite. Boone would have to play Scott County either in the round of 16 or 8 because of their seeding, and I can't see Boone winning that one.

IMO: If Scott County has their entire team, then they are the clear cut favorite and should be able to win this tournament.

How many/which of the teams in the tournament were in the Sweet sixteen this past season? I know Scott Co., Elliot Co, and June Buchanon.

Watch out for Cumberland. They may be a sleeper. They have one of the best players in the state in my opinion. Desmond Johnson 6'6" can do everything. They may get beat, but they will not get outhustled.

How many/which of the teams in the tournament were in the Sweet sixteen this past season? I know Scott Co., Elliot Co, and June Buchanon.

I think you got them all except South Laurel.

I have seen South Laurel a couple of times this year & based on that I would not consider them a contender for this tourney. However they possibly did not have their whole team when I saw them which is entirely possible. One definite is they are well coached!

I have seen South Laurel a couple of times this year & based on that I would not consider them a contender for this tourney. However they possibly did not have their whole team when I saw them which is entirely possible. One definite is they are well coached!

 

 

I saw South Laurel play in a tournament at SOS(Florence, KY) this past weekend and they looked pretty darn good. They could be a sleeper in this tournament.

Who's looking good?

  • Author

If you click on the link you can find all the scores of yesterdays games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.