Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Durant's strength play a role in the draft?

Featured Replies

I'd still hate to be the GM that takes him 2nd...I certainly am open to criticism later. They can't pass him up (for fear of public beatings), but I don't think he'll pan out (at the level of a #2 pick in the draft).

 

IMHO.

 

 

What has he shown that leads you to believe that?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd still hate to be the GM that takes him 2nd...I certainly am open to criticism later. They can't pass him up (for fear of public beatings), but I don't think he'll pan out (at the level of a #2 pick in the draft).

 

IMHO.

So you project Wright higher???

What has he shown that leads you to believe that?

 

I don't think I'd be able to quantify it to the point that it would make any sense, let's just say I think he is a man without a position in the NBA and that will haunt him. Could he be the next T-Mac? Sure. If he is -- than I will have been dead wrong.

So you project Wright higher???

 

Do I think Wright, at his position, will have the better career? Is that what you are asking? Maybe...perhaps even probably. However, if you're asking if I think Wright will get drafted before Durant -- NO.

Do I think Wright, at his position, will have the better career? Is that what you are asking? Maybe...perhaps even probably. However, if you're asking if I think Wright will get drafted before Durant -- NO.

If he's not the best #2, who is...

If he's not the best #2, who is...

 

I'd be fairly comfotable 5 years from now looking back at the careers of Corey Brewer and Durant and seeing how they've panned out. Durant staying healthy is a concern (to me). Durant being able to guard anyone is a concern. Durant having the ball skills to play the 2 is a concern. Durant running off of NBA screens chasing Rip (for example) is a concern. We'll see....without question, he was a DYNAMITE college player.

I was talking about the offensive side of the ball. Should have been more clear. With his size he'll have to add some strength to guard SF's. I didn't need his bench press numbers to realize that...

 

 

I agree mostly, I just think he'll add strength and his position will be a 3. I could care less that right now he can't bench 185. The comparisons to KG are crazy.

I agree mostly, I just think he'll add strength and his position will be a 3. I could care less that right now he can't bench 185. The comparisons to KG are crazy.

 

I think his lack of "bench" strength is not that big of an issue. In fact, I think what it does show (that could be a problem) isn't that he isn't strong enough.

 

I've heard many quote unquote NBA experts call him the next Garnett. To which I reply heartily HOGWASH.

I don't think he compares to KG at all either...

It is an issue because executives, gms, and coaches will all be a little more cautious with him. Even though he is a great baqsketball player the NBA is a league of men that battle and bang and push on one another so it will make a diffrence when he tries to go past Lebron and James hand checks him and he nearly falls to the floor. Make no mistake though Durant will be successful. Prince is not a physically built player but still gets the job done as does Carmelo Anthony. I don't think either of these two players are much stronger than Durant so he will have success, but he does need to hit the weight room because the NBA is a very physical league.

....and I'd hate to be the GM that takes him at #2 and expects him to be the next Kevin Garnett. I'll be "this guy," I'd expect his career to more closely resemble Lamar Odom (or, dare I say, Darius Miles :p ) than KG.

 

Okay, I'm bracing for the onslaught from GT and others....let me have it.

 

02Ram, can you do me / us a favor and "bookmark" this one for later? :lol:

 

Lets just hope makes better life decisions than Odom and Miles.

Lets just hope makes better life decisions than Odom and Miles.

 

:thumb: Although it does appear that Odom has got his life back on the right track.

I doubt his strength plays much of a role in where he's drafted....He's Seattle bound.

My guess is he will be a better pick intially as a #2 than the Williams kid from UNC. Unlike Williams, Durant has game on the offensive end and is not simply a freak athlete like Williams.

Re: the "next KG", there is the young man from China who is being compared to KG in style of play. Sounds like he'll be top 5.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.