June 3, 200719 yr Curious..to see how this plays out. I know of one D-1 coach who thinks this may play out.
June 3, 200719 yr My guess is that we're going to hear on BGP from a source on this one in the very near future.
June 3, 200719 yr I talked to 98 about this the other day, and he doesn't think John wants a HC job yet. It will be hard to turn down if they offer though...
June 4, 200719 yr I talked to 98 about this the other day, and he doesn't think John wants a HC job yet. It will be hard to turn down if they offer though...I haven't heard anything, yet! John has said very recently he doesn't think he's ready. Last I talked to anyone he was hoping to move on with Coach Grant. Like GT states though it would be very tough to turn down.
June 4, 200719 yr Author Some rumblings that Grant may not want to follow Donovan at UF...pressure and so forth. Grant's recruiting pitch to recruits was that he wanted to make VCU the "Gonzaga of the East"...might he stay true to that? Can't see him passing the UF job up. Jay Wright's name getting a little more heat.
June 4, 200719 yr Some rumblings that Grant may not want to follow Donovan at UF...pressure and so forth. Same thing 98 told me and was mentioned on here Thursday...
June 4, 200719 yr Author Grant would be silly to turn Florida down. Miami native...years working at UF...up and comer... I chatted with a coach and he said that Grant was the most impressive coach to recruit his player and a few majors were very interested in his player. Then again, maybe Foley is casting his line a little deeper.
June 4, 200719 yr Grant would be silly to turn Florida down. Miami native...years working at UF...up and comer... I chatted with a coach and he said that Grant was the most impressive coach to recruit his player and a few majors were very interested in his player. Then again, maybe Foley is casting his line a little deeper. Grant is the only fish on the line, but he is concerned about following Billy. So it's only natural Foley has to make sure he's not out in the cold if Grant says no. Not hard to grasp. I have to wonder what was talked about in that 2 hour call with Tubby. If Wright is next in line, doesn't he rank higher than the 3rd choice that UK got in their search? Spin...
June 4, 200719 yr Author 3 hours? I thought it was 2 hours a few weeks ago. Barnes was never offered chief. Gillispie knew the night before speculation when he told a recruit as such. Barnes gave the old, not a candidate for the position press release.
June 4, 200719 yr 3 hours? I thought it was 2 hours a few weeks ago. Barnes was never offered chief. Gillispie knew the night before speculation when he told a recruit as such. Barnes gave the old, not a candidate for the position press release. Barnes was offered and took the job for a small period of time. Chief? Classy. Next...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.