Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Estill Co. 10 Powell Co. 6

Featured Replies

Score from the 56th. Estill vs. Lee for the championship.

Something of an upset? I had Powell winning the region, too.

What he didn't mention was the game ended on a walk-off grand-slam. Both pitchers went all the way. Freeman is an incredible sophomore, STUD!!!!!

  • Author

I wouldn't really call it an upset, both teams have been very evenly matched all season, and looking at the schedule I'd have to give the edge to Estill, but not by much.

Could have easliy been the regional championship game had Estill and Powell taken care of Lee in the regular season.

Congrats to the Engineers and Coach Danny Wood. They were always competitive in the 10th Region.

I knew Estill County would be extremely competitive in the 56th district and 14th region two years ago when I heard they were being moved from the 10th region. They've had strong baseball programs for a long time in the 10th, but had to knock heads with state powerhouses like Harrison County and others. Last year Powell knocked them off in the first round of the district by one run, and then the Pirates went on to win the region. Don't be surprised if Coach Woods' Engineers don't do the same this year.

Estill County will play fundamental baseball. They are well coached, and have played together for awhile. Congrats to them on their win. Should be a good one between them and the Bobcats. I have a family connection to the Bobcats, so I'm gonna have to back them in the finals!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.