Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 6 Ryle 4

Featured Replies

Coach Roesel made a decission that may not have been popular today but will no doubt be helpful down the road. Instead of going with Weis, he threw three juniors. Dylan Campbel got his first varsity start going 2 1/3 innings only allowing 1 hit and one run, but giving up 5 free bases. Junior Corey Rieder came in and pitched the next 3 innings, allowing 5 runs on 6 hits and giving up only one free base. Junior Charlie Luvin pitched the final 2/3's, giving up no hits and one walk. The Raiders out hit the Birds 11 to 8 but the seven free bases proved very damaging considering yesterday in 2 games we gave up no free bases. We also left 10 base runners stranded. Coach Roesel put the young players in a situation where although it felt like a pressure situation to them, it really meant nothing and now they have had that experience which will help when it counts.

 

Hitting Leaders:

Ryle- Gwags 3/3 - Chandler 2B - Layne 3/4 2B - Reider 2/2

Highlands- Allen 2 hits- #25 2 hits - #9 2 hits # 8 triple

  • Replies 54
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never saw this one coming although someone on another thread said the Birds have the kind of team that can be dangerous. Congrats Birds.

  • Author
Never saw this one coming although someone on another thread said the Birds have the kind of team that can be dangerous. Congrats Birds.

 

I was talking to Pat Allen's dad after the game and he pointed out that they did lose some games they should have won, but the scores were always close and they were in every ballgame.

it really meant nothing .

 

Hitting Leaders:

Ryle- Gwags 3/3 - Chandler 2B - Layne 3/4 2B - Reider 2/2

Highlands- Allen 2 hits- #25 2 hits - #9 2 hits # 8 triple

 

FYI It meant something to someone today. Boy I hate to play Ryle when it really means something.:rolleyes: Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.

FYI It meant something to someone today. Boy I hate to play Ryle when it really means something.:rolleyes: Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.

 

 

Your right tdyballgame, they all mean something. Great job Birds! This group of Birds will surprise you if your not looking. If nothing else your getting noticed in a very competitive region.:thumb:

  • Author
FYI It meant something to someone today. Boy I hate to play Ryle when it really means something.:rolleyes: Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.

 

It did? What did it mean? Did they win a championship or something.

I think player experience meant more to the Raiders, otherwise they would have seen experienced pitching, luvin wouldn't have started in left for the first time this year and we would have had O'hara behind the plate. But the young guys got a chance and they played pretty well, that's all it meant.

Coach Roesel made a decission that may not have been popular today but will no doubt be helpful down the road. Instead of going with Weis, he threw three juniors.

 

What was the reasoning? Did Weis need the rest?

  • Author
What was the reasoning? Did Weis need the rest?

 

Nope, he hasn't pitched in a week.

It did? What did it mean? Did they win a championship or something.

I think player experience meant more to the Raiders, otherwise they would have seen experienced pitching, luvin wouldn't have started in left for the first time this year and we would have had O'hara behind the plate. But the young guys got a chance and they played pretty well, that's all it meant.

 

Make it stop!!!!!!!

It did? What did it mean? Did they win a championship or something.

I think player experience meant more to the Raiders, otherwise they would have seen experienced pitching, luvin wouldn't have started in left for the first time this year and we would have had O'hara behind the plate. But the young guys got a chance and they played pretty well, that's all it meant.

 

 

People look at things differently .While HHS can look at this as a accomplishment in there season ( which I think it is ) Ryle can look at as they have experience for the long haul if they need it .Personally ,IMO ,I would have gone for it and let the JR'S pitch in reg season games to get more innings .

Like I said above , everyone can look at from there point of view . ;)

  • Author
People look at things differently .While HHS can look at this as a accomplishment in there season ( which I think it is ) Ryle can look at as they have experience for the long haul if they need it .Personally ,IMO ,I would have gone for it and let the JR'S pitch in reg season games to get more innings .

Like I said above , everyone can look at from there point of view . ;)

 

No preassure in an everyday game, you have to challange the young players to see how they do under what they precieve as pressure.... and I do agree Highlands can build on this.

No preassure in an everyday game, you have to challange the young players to see how they do under what they precieve as pressure.... and I do agree Highlands can build on this.

 

 

You mean a kid feels more pressure pitching in a tournament game vs a reg season I disagree .If a kid has played at a high level in his career he has probably been in a tough situation before .You normally play vs tougher competion in the summer leagues and tourneys ,especialy as JRS

 

THIS IS MY OPINION

  • Author
You mean a kid feels more pressure pitching in a tournament game vs a reg season I disagree .If a kid has played at a high level in his career he has probably been in a tough situation before .You normally play vs tougher competion in the summer leagues and tourneys ,especialy as JRS

 

THIS IS MY OPINION

 

Talked to several Ryle players after the game and they pretty much knew what Coach Roesel was doing and agreed with his decission, that's the opinion I value. But yours is fine, everybody has one.

Talked to several Ryle players after the game and they pretty much knew what Coach Roesel was doing and agreed with his decission, that's the opinion I value. But yours is fine, everybody has one.

 

 

That is good they are all on the same page .It should do them well come the end of the year .A coach could only hope to have a staff that deep .

  • Author
That is good they are all on the same page .It should do them well come the end of the year .A coach could only hope to have a staff that deep .

 

Yep....the Raiders are a senior laden team and Coach Roesel does get as many juniors in a ballgame because he knows he is loosing a ton of players next year. I can't swear to it, but I doubt winning the Doc Morris was a goal at the beginning of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.