Madisonville Job

Ruckus

Could be one of the better jobs in the area. Always had issues with administration along with other problems. A program that has had recent success with trips to the region title game in 99, 2000, & 04.

Next years O-Line could be one of the better ones in the West with size and experience.

No program/kids should have to go through 4 new Coaches in 4 years like they're going through. The players and fans really got close and behind Dixie Jones in 04 and Shannon Burcham last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet. The talk on the coaching circuit says they made a push for Rick Snodgrass (Hopkins Co. Central). But he isn't going anywhere right now. He returns a lot next year and says he has his best freshmen and sophomore classes coming up. He thinks the best team he's had there will take the field in the very near future.

Mad'ville is a big school with alot of really good athletes...For some reason, they seem to place more emphasis and support towards there basketball program...Not too many years ago, they only dressed like 35 kids and probably had 35 better athletes walking the halls that didn't play. With the right coaching personality, this could be a good job for someone...

This seems like the ideal job for a coach that has built smaller programs, and is looking for somewhere to build and stay permenantly. I wonder why there isnt more interest. Is it the admin.?
You would think the administration would start to wonder, since they're looking for their fifth coach in five seasons.

You would think the administration would start to wonder, since they're looking for their fifth coach in five seasons.

You would think.

Any chance it has to do with their classification? I mean they have been 4A, now they will be 6A if I'm not mistaken, and they just will have a tough go of it with the Louisville schools being there.

You would think.

Any chance it has to do with their classification? I mean they have been 4A, now they will be 6A if I'm not mistaken, and they just will have a tough go of it with the Louisville schools being there.

Madisonville was slated to be in 5A but chose to play up, allegedly to keep some "traditional rivalries" intact.

Of course, it may have had something to do with Hopkinsville, Owensboro and Christian County being in their 5A district. ;)

Madisonville was slated to be in 5A but chose to play up, allegedly to keep some "traditional rivalries" intact.

Of course, it may have had something to do with Hopkinsville, Owensboro and Christian County being in their 5A district. ;)

Ah, the old "traditional rivalries" argument! I guess that's why Somerset wanted to move up to 3A with Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Jackson and Taylor, too!

Madisonville probably will benefit from the move up to 6A, at least at the district level. Hopefully they'll make a hire that sticks around for awhile to develop that program.

Ah, the old "traditional rivalries" argument! I guess that's why Somerset wanted to move up to 3A with Garrard, Casey, Wayne, Jackson and Taylor, too!
Yeah, there is a lot of history with those rivalries ... :lol:

Madisonville probably will benefit from the move up to 6A, at least at the district level. Hopefully they'll make a hire that sticks around for awhile to develop that program.
For the sake of the kids in the program, I just hope they hire a good coach that can stay for a while.