April 12, 200719 yr It was only a one year deal with Desmond as well. About a week or so later, Jeremy Bowie(Football) also got a DUI, and lost the scholarship for a year. He finished up at UK in 2001. A DUI conviction would make him the first athlete affected by Kentucky's zero-tolerance drinking-and-driving policy, instituted by Newton after the alcohol-related traffic death of a football player. Kentucky's rule meant loss of scholarship, loss of athletic eligibility and de facto banishment from UK (a policy that was later drastically eased). http://www.sptimes.com/2005/11/13/Sports/Nowhere_has_never_loo.shtml
April 13, 200719 yr I may be totally wrong on this, but was he not the Florida player of the decade in high school hoops? I think I heard the same thing, I'm not disputing his talent but that body was made for football.
April 13, 200719 yr Does anyone else think this man had A LOT of talent and was one of the highest ranked players in his class, yet he never made it because of his attitude...He started over Tayshaun when they were freshman and always gave you some good minutes...For some reason he just popped in my head and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this guy??? He was not a highly rated player out of high school, but rather, an outstanding athlete who played great defense which was his early ticket to playing time in Tubby's system. My guess would be he was a two star basketball player out of high school who overcame his lack of basketball skill with great athleticism.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.