Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Desmond Allison

Featured Replies

Does anyone else think this man had A LOT of talent and was one of the highest ranked players in his class, yet he never made it because of his attitude...He started over Tayshaun when they were freshman and always gave you some good minutes...For some reason he just popped in my head and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this guy???

He ended up at an NAIA school in Tennessee called Martin-Methodist. I watched him play at Pikeville or at Alice Lloyd (I can't really remember) and he was by far the best player on the court. I think he averaged close to 30 per game.

He's playing football, possible draft prospect I believe.

 

He's out in South Dakota or Idaho or somewhere isn't he?

He's out in South Dakota or Idaho or somewhere isn't he?

Tight end at South Dakota, a D II powerhouse. He might have graduated last year though, I'm not positive.

He was the first Student Athlete punished under the now-reduced Zero tolerance Alcohol policy, put in place after the DUI crash invoving football players Jason Watts that killed Artie Stienmetz and Scott Brock. Allison lost his scholarship for a year and tranfered from UK. Desmond and I weren't great friends, but I wouldn't say he had attitude problems his two years at UK from anything I heard. As a UK basketball fan, he was one of my favorite players.

He was the first Student Athlete punished under the now-reduced Zero tolerance Alcohol policy, put in place after the DUI crash invoving football players Jason Watts that killed Artie Stienmetz and Scott Brock. Allison lost his scholarship for a year and tranfered from UK. Desmond and I weren't great friends, but I wouldn't say he had attitude problems his two years at UK from anything I heard. As a UK basketball fan, he was one of my favorite players.

A policy that was later changed to be much more lenient.

A policy that was later changed to be much more lenient.

Desmond Allison is the only one that was punished under that policy that did not return to their respective team after a year's punishment, and the only one that did not finish thier carrer, if not graduate from UK, as far as I know.

  • Author
C_1_desmond1_224082_1113.jpg

He was a good athlete but he probably should have chose football out of HS, never thought he was a true hoopster.

I always thought he should have went with football. Too strong and athletic not too.

Desmond Allison is the only one that was punished under that policy that did not return to their respective team after a year's punishment, and the only one that did not finish thier carrer, if not graduate from UK, as far as I know.

 

If I recall corectly, I think Desmond lost his scholarship totally, not just for one year. Then the policy was changed to a one year suspension at a later date. It was Jules who had to sit 1 year, I don't think Desmond had a choice. Again I'm doing this on memory so I'm not totally sure.

If I recall corectly, I think Desmond lost his scholarship totally, not just for one year. Then the policy was changed to a one year suspension at a later date. It was Jules who had to sit 1 year, I don't think Desmond had a choice. Again I'm doing this on memory so I'm not totally sure.

It was only a one year deal with Desmond as well. About a week or so later, Jeremy Bowie(Football) also got a DUI, and lost the scholarship for a year. He finished up at UK in 2001.

It was only a one year deal with Desmond as well. About a week or so later, Jeremy Bowie(Football) also got a DUI, and lost the scholarship for a year. He finished up at UK in 2001.

 

:thumb: Thanks I wasn't sure.

He was a good athlete but he probably should have chose football out of HS, never thought he was a true hoopster.

 

I may be totally wrong on this, but was he not the Florida player of the decade in high school hoops?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.