Bonds Goes Deep

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but this is one thing I totally disagree with you on. I don't want to see him break Aaron's record.
I understand but I watched Bonds, his entire career.

I don't harbor the disdain, that many other fans do. Does he seem like a great guy...No. Does he seem like a great teammate....No. Does the media love him....No.

Does he entertain you, as a fan of the greatest game in the world....Yes.

I understand but I watched Bonds, his entire career.

I don't harbor the disdain, that many other fans do. Does he seem like a great guy...No. Does he seem like a great teammate....No. Does the media love him....No.

Does he entertain you, as a fan of the greatest game in the world....Yes.

I totally agree with that. He entertains you as good as anyone, even early in his career with his speed and everything. But what bothers me about him is, I can't prove it, but I think he is a cheater to the greatest game and he isn't a good teammate. He wasn't a good teammate at Pittsburgh and he isn't one now in San Fran. and this is totally a team sport.

But he does entertain your 100% correct on that.

I totally agree with that. He entertains you as good as anyone, even early in his career with his speed and everything. But what bothers me about him is, I can't prove it, but I think he is a cheater to the greatest game and he isn't a good teammate. He wasn't a good teammate at Pittsburgh and he isn't one now in San Fran. and this is totally a team sport.

But he does entertain your 100% correct on that.

I'm with you and I've posted several times, regarding Bonds on many threads.

I think as fans, we often get caught up in their personalities, off the playing field issues and want them to be likeable. Bonds is a perfect example, of not the guy who gets voted most popular, with teammates or media but he's also a guy, you don't want to face. The respect as a hitter, is obvious in his intentional walks and how many teams, won't let him beat them over the years.

I have an opinion, on his enhancements and I've yet to hear a good, solid argument or confirmation, on how they can help you hit a ball better. Can additional strength be added, certainly but can they still help a batter, make better contact.

Like him or not, he's consistently hit well over his career and well before, any hints or indication, of taking enhancements....Would I pay, to watch Bonds play....Yes.