Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lucas and Patterson

Featured Replies

Not comparing those two, but Bill Guthridge went to more final fours in three years than Tubby did his whole career and UNC ran him out of town. I don't recall the media having public heart attacks about that one. Now I'll drop it......like it's hot. :walk:

 

Well first didn't he just retire on his own...Secondly he followed a legend just like Tubby did, so no matter how successful they did it wouldn't have mattered. A coach can be a great coach but if they follow a legend, usually the fans would never accept him or would have him on a short leash...

Of course neither of these 2 will commit to UK until they find out who the coach is.

That is what I am being told as well. :thumb: ;)

Not comparing those two, but Bill Guthridge went to more final fours in three years than Tubby did his whole career and UNC ran him out of town. I don't recall the media having public heart attacks about that one. Now I'll drop it......like it's hot. :walk:

 

 

First of all, I did not like Bill Guthridge being the head coach, but I thought he did a fine job while he was there. Bill walked away on his own. I liked the Matt Dougherty hire but he was terrible. I am just glad Roy came home...:thumb:

The way I interpreted the article is that Lucas and Patterson were going to commit to UK at the McDonalds game, but changed their mind. The question here is did they change their mind before or after Tubby decided to go to Minnesota? I think that if Tubby was going to be coach they would come to UK. I also think that if Donovan is named coach they will come to UK.

That was the way I read the article too.

That was the way I read the article too.

 

That is the way I sure just about everyone would read it...

Patterson has also said that he would think different of Donovan if he went to KY, after he said Donovan told him he would be in Florida next year. PP followed that up saying if he does that, then he might go to the NBA a year or two later. (This is off of memory, so it is not word for word).

I saw an interview with John Lucas (Jai's father) on a Lexington TV station after the game last night and he stated that Jai and PP have become good friends on and off the court and would like to play together in college.

 

I'm willing to bet the house it will be both or neither to UK, both said they are waiting on a hire to decide. Some food for thought, if all the Jr's at Florida leave and scholarships open at UF, could Lucas follow PP to Gainesville???

IMO, if Donovan comes to UK, so will Lucas and Patterson, regardless of what Patterson said...I think it'll make them realize how great a program UK is if a guy whos taken his current team to 3 final 4s in 7 years and is regarded so highly at that school, still decides UK is the better program.. I can't see Lucas going to Florida if BD stays. I say he still considers UK amongst the other 3 he's already considering with maybe Minnisota a possibility...

PP has indicated he will make the decision by April 3rd. If Billy D does come to UK, then that will leave the Florida job open. Can't see PP committing to Florida without knowing who the coach will be.

 

Same as not sure he would commit to UK without the Coach being named.

 

And now, I heard on the radio that WVU's coach will be interviewing for the Michigan job. 3 of PP's 4 schools have questions about their coaches circling. Does that give Duke a step up in the race if he holds to his April 3rd deadline?

PP has indicated he will make the decision by April 3rd. If Billy D does come to UK, then that will leave the Florida job open. Can't see PP committing to Florida without knowing who the coach will be.

 

Same as not sure he would commit to UK without the Coach being named.

 

And now, I heard on the radio that WVU's coach will be interviewing for the Michigan job. 3 of PP's 4 schools have questions about their coaches circling. Does that give Duke a step up in the race if he holds to his April 3rd deadline?

 

 

I was just thinking as reading (before you added the bit about Duke) that everything may be pointing to the Blue Devils right now.....That would be one scary good class!:scared:

^ I'll take it....maybe then the 18% would think Duke would be OK next season :lol:

^ I'll take it....maybe then the 18% would think Duke would be OK next season :lol:

 

They should be very good...The 2 kids in McD game looked solid...Has McRoberts made a decision on coming back or going yet?

They should be very good...The 2 kids in McD game looked solid...Has McRoberts made a decision on coming back or going yet?

 

I thought he was signing with an agent? Any help RP?

Well first didn't he just retire on his own...Secondly he followed a legend just like Tubby did, so no matter how successful they did it wouldn't have mattered. A coach can be a great coach but if they follow a legend, usually the fans would never accept him or would have him on a short leash...

 

 

Here Here

PP has indicated he will make the decision by April 3rd. If Billy D does come to UK, then that will leave the Florida job open. Can't see PP committing to Florida without knowing who the coach will be.

 

Same as not sure he would commit to UK without the Coach being named.

 

And now, I heard on the radio that WVU's coach will be interviewing for the Michigan job. 3 of PP's 4 schools have questions about their coaches circling. Does that give Duke a step up in the race if he holds to his April 3rd deadline?[/QUOTE]

 

 

I thought the same thing...:sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.