Next Season Predictions 8-9-10th

Paris will return all of its players next season and hopefully will see the return of one of its post/forward players who sat out the whole season with an injury. This past season was a rebuilding year for a team which basically lost all of its starters from the season before. The Lady Hounds look to win their fifth consecutive All-A Classic 10th Region championship and sixth in seven years next season and should be a heavy favorite for that regional championship with Bishop Brossart losing many players to graduation. The Lady Hounds advanced to the All-A Classic semi-finals in Richmond this past season.

Keep an eye on the middle school class that is developing at Paris now. The sixth grade group this past season was a big contributor to a seventh grade squad which had only a couple of true seventh graders. That team went undefeated except for one loss by two points to Lexington Catholic which the the young Lady Hounds avenged later in the season. That same sixth grade group has been the nucleus of an AAU team that was state champion last season (Division II-school teams) and state runner-up the season before in the state-wide division. That team has won every tournament is has played in Kentucky this season and, this past week, the Paris AAU team finally beat its rival team from Lexington after three years of never being able to topple that team composed of all-star talent from across Lexington and Central Kentucky.

A real interesting rivalry has developed the past two seasons between the Paris and Mason County sixth grade squads with Paris having won every tournament in which it and Mason County have competed together. The Lady Hounds and Lady Royals fans have some good high school battles to look forward to in a few seasons with those teams! You can never really anticipate how many children will stick with basketball from sixth grade to high school and it is way to early to make predictions, when considerinig the development of young athlethes, but it sure makes for fun to dream!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the younger Carmack girl. Think she can be better than older sister. Also, Mitchell as a tall guard is nice.

Those 2 have played good basketball in spurts, once they get it in their heads to play all 4 quarters it should be interesting how they'll do next year.

8th- Simon without a doubt- they lost no starters and only one senior who didn't get much time at all

9th- This region (imho) is wide open- ND and BC lost some very good seniors- I believe this region will be won or lost during the off season. I simply mean that whoevers players do the most work during the offseason will reap the harvest. We all know of players who were really good at a young age and fell off as time went on, and likewise players who really bloomed at an older age. I just believe this region is that wide open. Right now i believe ND should be on the hot seat since they are the champs.

10th- Montgomery with Paris a close second.

8th - absolutely SK. The best team in NKY. Their non-conference schedule will determine their post season fate again this year.

9th - ND, Conner, NCC, Highlands, and Boone...in that order, but is always subject to change after transfers..of course.

10th - Montgomery, Mason, and Paris

InDaZone you are picking Boone 5th in the region? I no longer have a dog in the fight but I don't see Conner, Highlands, or NCC beating them next year. I am going with another Boone or ND region winner with Boone coming out on top. It will be a little role reversal between the 2 with Boone having the bigger line up next season. Another factor will be if Tierney comes back 100%.

It has been awhile since I have been no the site due to computer problems but I never expected to come back here and read where people projected Mason Co. to be number 1 in the region. What about Montgomery, Paris, and Bracken?

You are one devoted FAN and I applaud you for that! From what I know about who will be back, Mont/Paris would be my top 2 w/Mason real close

I am looking for opinions..

all of the posters on here feel very strongly about Simon Kenton in the 8th but there seemed to be at least 2 other very strong teams in this region that also did not lose any players to graduation.

Now they were on the opposite sides of the bracket and did not play each other in the tournament but I would think that SO and Anderson would match up well with SK after watching them play.

To the SK fans that are on here, do you think they did not play their best in the tournament or that the players will develop this year. Do not get me wrong I thought they looked very strong but just not "hands down" favorite.

I thought they were very tough and had a lot of talent on the floor. But I was also very impressed with South Oldham and was not happy to hear they had no seniors.

I am looking for opinions..

all of the posters on here feel very strongly about Simon Kenton in the 8th but there seemed to be at least 2 other very strong teams in this region that also did not lose any players to graduation.

Now they were on the opposite sides of the bracket and did not play each other in the tournament but I would think that SO and Anderson would match up well with SK after watching them play.

To the SK fans that are on here, do you think they did not play their best in the tournament or that the players will develop this year. Do not get me wrong I thought they looked very strong but just not "hands down" favorite.

I thought they were very tough and had a lot of talent on the floor. But I was also very impressed with South Oldham and was not happy to hear they had no seniors.

I am certainly not taking anything away from Shelby but in the regional championship game SK didn't play well as far as they go. Tolliver had the first 7 pts and only scored 2 the rest of the game. It was a mental thing between her and the coach but she needs to learn to adjust and I am sure she will. They also lost a very good starter with 8-10 games left, and she should be back as strong as ever next yr. (jmo)