Holmes vs. South Laurel Predictions

IMO Holmes, especially Henderson and Rice, provides some matchup problems here. But I haven't seen SL since the summer, and that was without two of their best players. I think SL keeps it close in a low scoring game.

Holmes 54

SL 47

SL will have the height advantage in this one, but one think that I think SL has trouble with is a team who is athletic and has players that can play multiple positions. SL really struggled with Fairdale's athleticism and IMO Holmes plays better defense than Fairdale.

Key to the game: Henderson vs Profitt. Henderson is Holmes best defender. If he shuts profitt down, then Holmes wins.

Down low, I don't think SL has anyone who will be able to hang with Rice or Hill. Hill showed last night why he's the best player in the 9th region and one of the best in the state. And after seeing SL against Fairdale, their post players seem very lazy. Rice and Hill are so quick, the big boys will have trouble keeping up with them. Let's not forget about NElson though. He held Perry to 4 points.

Also I think Holmes bench is a little deeper than SL's which proved to be tremendous on the defensive side last night.

Close game til the end and Holmes pulls it out with late free throws.

Holmes 61

South laurel 57

South's bench is MUCH deeper than you may think. And tourney experience is an edge SL has over nearly every team in the tourney.

SL 65

CH 60

This should be a VERY good game!

Holmes was here in 05 as well as sophomores starting. They are just as experienced. Only difference is SL went deeper with the 05 SENIORS.

Also 4 of the 5 starters have played varsity since their freshman year and started since their soph. All have big game experience.

Good shooting and experience (South Laurel) vs poor shooting and athleticism (Holmes). Its a toss up.

Poor shooting? Holmes played a much better defensive team than SL and I believe still scored more points than SL did.

And how can you say Holmes has no experience when 4 of the 5 players who start played and started in the 05 tourney?

If not for a person being asked to leave the team last year, this would be Holmes 3rd year in a row going.

South will have no answer for Rice, Hill, or Henderson.

Poor shooting? Holmes played a much better defensive team than SL and I believe still scored more points than SL did.

And how can you say Holmes has no experience when 4 of the 5 players who start played and started in the 05 tourney?

If not for a person being asked to leave the team last year, this would be Holmes 3rd year in a row going.

South will have no answer for Rice, Hill, or Henderson.

Poor Shooting. Both Holmes and Tilghman put on one of the worst shooting displays in state tournament history last night. I think at one time they were something like 31/105 combined.

And who the heck said Holmes had NO experience? I said South had the edge in experience. South has played 7 Sweet 16 games since 2005.

Poor Shooting. Both Holmes and Tilghman put on one of the worst shooting displays in state tournament history last night. I think at one time they were something like 31/105 combined.

And who the heck said Holmes had NO experience? I said South had the edge in experience. South has played 7 Sweet 16 games since 2005.

The poor shooting was attributed to good defense my friend.

But how many games have the current SL players actually played in since 2005?

The poor shooting was attributed to good defense my friend.

But how many games have the current SL players actually played in since 2005?

Proffitt, Hamonds, and Smith (the three main players for SL) were all very key players for SL in 05.